Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
82 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 81

bertus cardinaal, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

issues above 40 mph
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Got the car out Finally yesterday. Started right up. ( Yeah I primed it. Fuel down the carb.) got on the road to go home and when she got to operating temp (I was doing about 52mph.) She started to hesitate/then surge back and forth. Trying to speed up it would, but didn't like it. On slowing down to 40mph it went back to the purring machine she always has been. I did screw up last fall and stored it with less than a full tank.(3/4). I think if I had water in the gas I would have issues all the time, not only above 40 mph. Maybe a partially clogged fuel Filter? or the fuel pump itself. Any ideas anyone? Brian

Posted on: 2019/7/9 14:10
 Top  Print 

Re: issues above 40 mph
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It could be fuel starvation. Cleaning or replacing any fuel filters and checking the fuel pump for output pressure and volume would be obvious first steps to take.

Posted on: 2019/7/9 14:22
 Top  Print 

Re: issues above 40 mph
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Thank you I will. Brian

Posted on: 2019/7/9 15:42
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved