Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 155

BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Stromberg Carb Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Hi all,

I have another question for you great folks. I had the Stromberg EE-23 rebuilt a number of years ago and I can't remember who did the work but it's been running rich for as long as its been on the car. I spoke with Jeff from The Carb Doctor and I was thinking of sending the carb to him for a complete rebuild.

As I often do, I got online and searched for Stomberg carbs and I was surprised to see that Summit Racing and Lucky's Speed Shop have Stromberg 97 and a BIG97 which look remarkably similar to my EE-23.

Lucky's speed shop has one that's half black and half chrome that "I just have to have" ... if it fits my Packard. I just love the way it looks - sometimes I get carried away like that but that's another story.

I couldn't find any specs on the EE-23 as far as CFM etc to compare to the 97 - and I really, really want the chrome BIG97 ... so please talk me out of it.

Thanks,
Crin

Posted on: 2019/7/8 20:16
 Top  Print 

Re: Stromberg Carb Question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The solution to your carburetor problem is to have your EE-23 properly adjusted or rebuilt.

Posted on: 2019/7/8 20:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information

Posted on: 2019/7/9 19:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Crin,

Agree with Owen_Dyneto that the 'correct' move here is to have your current carb either rebuilt and/or properly adjusted. Just as a side-bar here, I had a carb off a sailboat engine years ago, and it was giving me grief. I found out it was made by Tillitson in Ireland, and Acklands/Grainger carried the parts for them. I went down to the store thinking I would 'know' my carb when I saw it in the book and there were literally dozens of them, all 'looking' identical but all varying by a number or two. They had been spec'ed on everything from chainsaws to snowmobiles, and every one of them had different specifications, delivery rates and applications. AND, of all the units in the guy's book, mine was a 'marine' anomaly and wasn't available!!! Long story short, I ended up phoning the factory in Ireland and the guy told me in a thick Irish accent to 'get it over to him', which I did and received it back completely rebuilt, WITH an extra rebuild kit for future, and NO CHARGE!!! Blew me away - but the moral of the story is just because they look the same....

Posted on: 2019/7/9 20:42
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Not to hijack the topic, but is a sailboat engine not an oxymoron?

Posted on: 2019/7/9 22:41
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

BDC wrote:
Not to hijack the topic, but is a sailboat engine not an oxymoron?

Perhaps it is in an engine used to power a big fan to blow on the sails? Ha, ha. JWL

Posted on: 2019/7/10 10:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Obviously LUBBERS, the lot of ya!!! 'know you're just funnin, but we're talking ocean-going sailboats of size, that don't maneuver in small spaces; a reliable inboard is essential kit!
Chris

Posted on: 2019/7/10 19:56
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Sounds like a three hour tour all over again.....

Posted on: 2019/7/10 21:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Hi all,

I'm going to hijack my thread back ... so I was thinking of sending the carb to The Old Carb Doctor. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

And for the record, I can't stop singing the Gilligan's Island theme .. three hour tour ... ahhhhh ... lol

Thanks,
Crin

Posted on: 2019/7/11 19:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
I liked Mary-Ann better than Ginger. Anybody else?

Posted on: 2019/7/13 11:47
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved