Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
170 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 169

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 350 351 352 (353) 354 355 356 ... 499 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Gosh, I wish I could understand why folks repaint cars in two-tone that were never available in two-tone when new, and which don't have the body lines to support a two-tone paint scheme.

Posted on: 2019/7/29 11:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The air horns are a nice touch too. JWL

Posted on: 2019/7/29 11:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JWL, that's a Sparton 3-tone, they were available in several tunes. My 4-tone Sparton plays "How Dry I am". Electric, not air. Nifty little gadgets of the era.

Posted on: 2019/7/29 11:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Gosh, I wish I could understand why folks repaint cars in two-tone that were never available in two-tone when new, and which don't have the body lines to support a two-tone paint scheme.

and he claims "Never restored - Excellent original condition"

Apparently, we all have different versions of original. Nice lines on the car - it would look great in the correct color!

Posted on: 2019/7/29 13:56
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Those colors really flabber my gast! But why would you re-do the seat and put a whole new pattern on it? You wanting to go to leather is 1 thing but making a 80's cushion design...
But I really like the 1936 120 coupes. I had 1 and I miss it. 1 of these days I'm in the market again for a 35 or 36 120 coupe.

Posted on: 2019/7/29 19:25
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Someone had commented earlier on radiator shells being chromed vs. painted and there seemed to be some question as to which was MORE correct. I posted that I thought the painted shells look more contiguous and 'natural'. That 2-tone paint scheme on the coupe really makes the point that when you separate the shell from the rest of the front end (with different coloured paint OR chrome) it really takes away from the 'smoothness' of the lines of the car. I guess if Packard did it at the factory, there must have been SOME support for it being a classy look, but I think the shells are too 'thick' to not carry the same colour as the main body paint. Just my humble opinion, mind you....

Posted on: 2019/7/30 0:21
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
What is completely misunderstood by too many 1930's car owners is that two-tones where the fenders and even radiator shell were painted a contrasting color from the body went out of favor after 1932. The leader in monochromatic color schemes was the '32 Graham Blue Streak. The idea was to present a unified, streamlined, modern look rather than visually separate elements with color as had been done before.

That upholstery pattern in the '36 120B sport coupe looks very 1970's, like something in a Malibu Classic. Wonder if that was the wife's idea?

To how great a solid color 120 looks, a '37:
https://mattoon.craigslist.org/cto/d/effingham-1937-packard-model-120/6926029002.html

A '51 Patrician, good project start:
https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/indianapolis-1951-packard-200/6942006919.html

A '56 Executive sedan, partially completed project to finish:
https://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/d/marathon-1956-packard-executive/6936571917.html

Steve

Posted on: 2019/7/30 8:47
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
That 51 Patrician looks to have been converted to a stick shift. JWL

Posted on: 2019/7/30 11:11
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
JWL, that's a Sparton 3-tone, they were available in several tunes. My 4-tone Sparton plays "How Dry I am". Electric, not air. Nifty little gadgets of the era.

Right. I saw the motor and thought it was driving a small compressor.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 11:12
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2019/7/30 18:51
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 350 351 352 (353) 354 355 356 ... 499 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved