Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

michael biegas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Parts needed/Available for sale
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Does anyone have a spare 1929 640 headlight? It is the one with the green glass at the top. My plater ruined one of mine. Also looking for two of the headlight plugs used on 1928 thru 1932 large wheelbase cars with the grounding "slug". Have many late 20s/early 30s Packard parts available including folding windshield posts, 29 small wheelbase headlights, engine dust pans, battery box, hardware, misc. parts. Too much to mention. Would be happy to help someone out with missing parts for their car(s).

Posted on: 2019/7/28 15:33
 Top  Print 

Re: Parts needed/Available for sale
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phillip Weeks
See User information
I'm looking for 12 offset type cam followers that I can use to retrofit into my 3rd series 6 engine.
I have had about 6 followers break or the rollers come loose. The last failure was the worst. The follower broke free from the bearing and jammed between the con rod and a counterweight. It bent the con rod and then the rod broke just below the gudgeon pin causing serious damage. I am not prepared to risk the pressed metal followers any more. If the forged ones are the same dimensions as the pressed metal ones I am most interested.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 7:37
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Perhaps this from the Service Letters is helpful. Sorry, all my extras sold off.

Attach file:

jpg  (111.70 KB)
177_5d403c6611f1d.jpg 764X794 px

jpg  (113.65 KB)
177_5d40463848235.jpg 573X803 px

Posted on: 2019/7/30 7:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Sorry, only have the pressed steel ones.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 9:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Have some that came out of an 1100. These what u/he needs? Im sure the rollers and pins need replacement and also might need bushing.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 9:53
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just a side note, did Egge ever follow thru on their plan to discontinue manufacture of the rollers and pins? If so, did any other supplier pick up the business? Rollers and pins do wear so IMO there is a very small but continuing need for them.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 9:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hi Jim,
I am still looking for a few items for a 1929 645 Sedan. One of them is an intact battery box. The bottom of mine has rusted through, and I was going to undertake the unenviable task of re-creating it. If you have one that isn't corroded, I would be interested. Please pm me and we can discuss the possibilities further. Thanks!
John

jwogec

Posted on: 2019/7/30 16:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Sorry, don't have a batterybox for a big 8.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 16:37
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I've got a set of 16 good used cast rockers (still in the 320 covers) select the best 12, and have some spares for the next guy, or gal...price?, lemme think.

Posted on: 2019/7/30 20:34
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phillip Weeks
See User information
I am very interested in purchasing 12 cast followers.
Please email your price etc.
m-weeks@bigpond.com.au Thankyou and best regards Phil Weeks

Posted on: 2019/8/2 5:08
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved