Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 46

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 352 353 354 (355) 356 357 358 ... 499 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Someone that's looking for help on rewiring a push button Packard.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/surrey-need-help/6948878558.html

Posted on: 2019/8/4 9:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
If the gentleman isn't already a member, he should contact the Pacific Northwest Packards Region of the PAC for someone familiar with the intricacies of this work.

Mr. Pushbutton would also be an excellent source.

Steve

Posted on: 2019/8/4 10:17
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Interesting car
56 deluxe with factory A/C, standard transmission

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/packard/clipper/2158161.html

Posted on: 2019/8/4 22:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2019/8/4 23:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
A service car is the "sedan delivery" of the professional car being the same body as a hearse or ambulance but generally had no side windows on the doors, and on the sides were typically chrome wreaths rather than landau bars. They were primarily utility vehicles for delivering and picking up chairs from the grave site and even for picking up the casket/coffin to deliver it to the funeral home. They typically had rollers built into the rear floor like an end-loading hearse but we're not used in the funeral procession to carry the deceased. Like flower cars, they were expensive for their limited use so only the more affluent funeral homes had them. In 1953, the smaller Henney Junior appeared and often took over the role. My current 1951 Henney-Packard military ambulance was based on the windowless service car body.

Posted on: 2019/8/5 1:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1940 super 8 club sedan. You dont see these every day. Upholstered in the 70's maybe?
https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/post-falls-1940-packard-super-8-touring/6949409190.html

Posted on: 2019/8/5 10:00
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
PackardDon,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought it might be another way to describe a flower car. I could not find a picture of a 54 sedan delivery, and the way you described it, like most 54 professional cars, rare.

Posted on: 2019/8/5 18:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Henney-Packard had service cars back to the early '40s and maybe even before but, you're right, they are quite rare. This site has a brochure for the 1949 version.

Posted on: 2019/8/6 0:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information

Posted on: 2019/8/6 17:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

64avanti wrote:
Looks like a screaming deal on a '56 for about the price of Chrome & Paint work?

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/packard/400/2301300.html?fbclid=IwAR03tSOmVglibkHme1TZbKdoW2J0PWH-u0Os9gDe-CMI-H8Op2VWX05vPjc

This car must have been very striking as originally built in its original color. The real original color was solid Maltese Gray metallic, not 2-tone blue and white. It was obviously specially ordered when new.

And while it is fabulous to have factory air... it is far more fabulous to have actual working factory air. Haven't seen a working one in years and years except for a hybridized customized unit.

As for the repeated references to "genuine Kelsey-Hayes chrome wire wheels"... K-H never made the wire wheels used on Packard 1953-1956. Those were all made by Motor Wheel Corporation, NOT Kelsey-Hayes. Even Jay Leno is on YouTube claiming Caribbeans had "Kelsey-Hayes wheels"... This is a myth that just refuses to die.

Posted on: 2019/8/6 21:27
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 352 353 354 (355) 356 357 358 ... 499 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved