Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1940 Packard Video
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
MASTERPIECE THEATER (FOR PACKARD PEEPS) My friend Vaughm gave me a film strip and strip projector in the '70s, which was stolen from my garage in 2000 while on vacation. Fortunately in the '80s, I copied the projected strip images to slide film, re-recorded the audio, and synched the show for 3 slide projectors. I still have all the equipment, but my son has the 4-track now, so yesterday I digitized the images (very fuzzy and soft) and reprogrammed it in Adobe Premiere this morning.

The quality isn't great, but the content is interesting, especially if you own a 1940 160 or EDIT 180.

http://www.mktx.com/packard/1940PackardMasterpiece640x480.mp4

Attach file:

jpg  (73.22 KB)
1067_5d4eeba0ce062.jpg 1024X683 px

Posted on: 2019/8/10 11:07
 Top  Print 

Re: 1940 Packard Video
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...Please let me know if you were able to view this web-resolution version at this link...

Beep! Yes, Sir!
Beep! Joe, thanks for sharing.
Beep! When whatching it again in the evening I'll open a matured Scotch.
Beep! BTW, ostrich leather or deerskin opera gloves?

Quote:
... especially if you own a 1940 160 or 160 ...

A broad range.

Attach file:

jpg  (97.87 KB)
757_5d4ef3c674174.jpg 1365X889 px

Posted on: 2019/8/10 11:41
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Great job with the video. Thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 11:55
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Why ostrich, of course, said The Flying Nymph.

Originally the audio was on a record, where midway through you had to turn it over for the second half. The beeps told the strip film projectionist when to advance the film.

Should I edit out the Beeps?

Posted on: 2019/8/10 12:34
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is a good video and quality is as good as some of the DVDs with similar Packard sales content. I would leave the beeps alone since that was part of the original.

I am a little surprised that since they were promoting the senior 40 models with the luxury features and interiors there was no mention of AC -- or was AC delayed and the filmstrip actually produced before AC started to be installed in the 40 models.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 12:42
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I think it's fairly early, so maybe they were unsure about the AC and didn't want to create expectations.

Definitely the illustrations are early, such as the size of the overdrive indicator light, only 5 striations on the flying nymph instead of 9.

The fleur-de-lis on the trunk lid and light-less trunk handle with addition of the license holder/light used with trunk-rack equipped cars is early, too. Of course, early style hexagon/script hubcaps.

But there are actual 1940 cars in the photos, so maybe done in June or July 1939. Jim Hollingsworth's book 1940 A Pivotal Year gives November 1939 as the introduction of AC.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 13:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
very nice

Posted on: 2019/8/10 17:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Wow, you went to a lot of work on that, digitizing, editing and syncing the audio, etc., Joe! Thanks for posting. I always find it interesting how Packard's artist's rendering of their cars is somehow, slightly out of proportion. Hard to put a finger on it - just a little disproportionate. Very cool little film vignette though. Chris.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 21:45
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hmmmm, can't get the film to play. Using an iMac. Any suggestions? JWL

Please disregard. I was clicking on the image and did not notice the link. Great video and great work putting it together.

I recall when my father would bring home these film strips and entertain my brothers and me with them. The beeping brings back memories of these times.

Thanks, Joe. JWL

Posted on: 2019/8/11 12:54
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Believe it or not... I remember dings like that in school when watching video growing up and I'm 38. Hope your are well JW.

Posted on: 2019/8/11 19:37
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved