Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Information needed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kasli
See User information
Wanted some information based on a stamped number on the firewall of a friends car

It's bodied by Rollston and a 7 SEATER convertable sedan

Thank you

Attach file:

jpeg  (141.00 KB)
2057_5d728b51cc34e.jpeg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2019/9/6 11:37
 Top  Print 

Re: Information needed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The number is known as a "theft-proof" or "body serial" number. Bodies were numbered sequentially starting in 1929 and ending in 1956. Only the tiniest scraps of original factory data remain on these numbers. It is simply a unique number for each body (as Packard said, to be used to identify a car if other numbers are missing or mutilated), no further data is encoded into it.

My data which I've been accumulating for some years now shows the range for the senior 15th series bodies from 279178 thru 399434. That puts your car at about the midpoint. Your number is not in my database of nearly 4000 cars; if you'd give me the VN and particulars by PM I'd be most happy to have the data included.

Posted on: 2019/9/6 11:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Kasli

Would you be so kind as to post a photo of friend's Packard. Rollston seven passenger convertible sedan sounds intriguing, love to see what it looks like.

Thank you.

Steve

Posted on: 2019/9/6 12:42
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kasli
See User information
Please find images taken a few years back
And present day engine number stamped on the block

Thank you

Attach file:

jpeg  (302.71 KB)
2057_5d73b7bb94cc7.jpeg 1280X853 px

jpeg  (152.46 KB)
2057_5d73b7c8ed5fb.jpeg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2019/9/7 8:59
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for the photos, a most interesting car, and a right-hand-drive export model. It appears the headlights are not original to the car. The motor number does agree with a 1937 Super Eight.

Any current photos? And perhaps a photo of the patent plate (vehicle number plate, on the engine side of the cowl)? Or can you tell us the information that appears on that plate?

Posted on: 2019/9/7 9:10
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kasli
See User information
This is the current image of the car that I have taken a while back

There is a tag on the car which mentions Rollston but I don't have access to it anymore to send an image of it .

Thank you

Attach file:

jpeg  (91.00 KB)
2057_5d76047a166d8.jpeg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2019/9/9 2:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Kasli

Thanks for the photos, a custom-bodied touring ordered after Packard offered an such body style is intriguing. Would you give us any background you know about who the original owner was? Rollston was one of the highest quality custom coachbuilder.

There is a 1935 Twelve convertible sedan by Rollston that was sold at the Sotheby auction that is similar to the 1937 in your country.
https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/af19/auburn-fall/lots/r0165-1935-packard-twelve-convertible-by-rollston/795411

Steve

Posted on: 2019/9/9 9:50
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved