Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Engine Detail info and Build date info.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

ChuckAZ
See User information
Two questions:
What is the best resource for determining correct paint color and metal finishes for under hood restorations. I understand the Studebaker museum in South Bend can lookup build dates and manifests from Vin numbers. Is this the only place?

My car is a low mile car but the engine compartment has been neglected and painted non-original in some areas.

Thank you in advance

Posted on: 2019/9/6 11:54
 Top  Print 

Re: 1956 Engine Detail info and Build date info.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (29.50 KB)
17226_5d73d30472187.jpg 453X223 px

Posted on: 2019/9/7 10:55
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print 

Re: 1956 Engine Detail info and Build date info.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A bit surprised no one has come forward with a more comprehensive answer, perhaps this will help.

As to engine compartment paints and finishes, it's been discussed many times here. So you could use the search tool and look for prior posts, or you could consider purchasing the PI Engine Compartment Judging Guide, available from PI; it's well-regarded.

As to build slips (shipping orders), the Studebaker Museum may have data for some models but they do not have them all, some are privately held and some are missing. Other than Caribbeans (privately held) I don't recall the specifics but if no one comes along with the answer, again try the search function as this has been asked and answered frequently in the past. Or just call the museum and ask.

Posted on: 2019/9/7 14:50
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved