Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Display
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Think any museum would want a 56 frame showing how the leveling system works.

Rather do this than scape it.

Put a dummy engine trans in.

Posted on: 2019/9/4 1:12
Riki
 Top  Print 

Re: Display
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A factory-original Torsion Level display frame has been in the process of restoration for a while now, nearly completed. It should be on display shortly, at the Proving Grounds I believe. It is interesting to see how Packard "dressed" some of the ordinarily rough-finished frame components. And visually it's a full chassis with driveline, though behind the brake drums the brake internals parts are not installed and likewise most of the internal components of the motor. I'll see if I can get a photograph or 2 from the person doing the restoration.

Posted on: 2019/9/4 7:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
The display frame Owen is talking about was in unrestored condition when it was donated to the PPG by Dr. Charles Blackman. PMCC used it as a display in in auto shows that toured the country.

Earlier this it the frame was picked up by Ole Book and he directing the restoration as a gift to the PPG.

We are very excited that this PMCC artifact will be back at the PPG very soon.

Posted on: 2019/9/4 8:39
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Thanks

I contacted the San Diego auto museum they don't have room.

The Midwest I figured that there had to be one around.

I wonder if that model ..the little one going over bumps is around.

It was in one of the DVDs.

Another idea..get with revell..mono gram.. Have a plastic model made...moveable parts..

Of coarse now there is 3d printing... It can be made at home..

Posted on: 2019/9/9 21:21
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Riki,

From the 2018 PAC meet.

Attach file:

jpeg  (339.66 KB)
1220_5d780c66b2ab6.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/9/10 15:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Cool.

It survives.

Posted on: 2019/9/11 1:56
Riki
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
There was a demo chassis and I saw it at Warren several years ago. It was displayed outside on a trailer.

Posted on: 2019/9/11 14:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
The original scale model Torsion-Level display chassis shown at auto shows 1955-56 is often rumored scrapped, but that didn't happen. Instead it was adapted to be used in 1957. Originally this model was shown in a glass display case with an art-moderne wood bottom case that held the electrical components that made it all work.

According to my friend, the late Tom Beaubien who worked on chassis, it was selected to hold the scale model 1957 Four Hundred (the car that never got built full-size due to Packard Detroit going under). Tom made that scale model Packard after completing the scale model of Predictor that was sent to Ghia in Italy.

What happened to the 1957 Four Hundred scale model with the working Torsion-Level chassis? I can't say for sure exactly... at least not right now.

Posted on: 2019/9/12 19:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

RogerDetroit wrote:
The display frame Owen is talking about was in unrestored condition when it was donated to the PPG by Dr. Charles Blackman. PMCC used it as a display in in auto shows that toured the country.

Earlier this it the frame was picked up by Ole Book and he directing the restoration as a gift to the PPG.

We are very excited that this PMCC artifact will be back at the PPG very soon.

The original full-sized 1955-56 Packard exhibition/display Torsion-Level chassis did make it out to a few auto shows, but its main home was in the factory showroom that faced East Grand Blvd. This showroom was located inside the Packard Plant administration building section on the first floor. The chassis could regularly be seen here by anyone visiting the showroom. There was also an audio-visual production (by Jam Handy Corporation-which was located just up The Boulevard) that went with it.

Nice to see the chassis has been saved and restored.

Posted on: 2019/12/25 21:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Thanks Lee.

I'm going to use the chassis for display out this way.

In process of removing parts and the body. Then clean and paint the parts of torsion

Have a place to store it. Won't be ready for a trip north for PAC this year.

They Need to get to southern ca. Sometime.

Posted on: 2019/12/26 3:22
Riki
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved