Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

BigKev, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Rear Window Shade for '34 R/S Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
No I haven't look in either of those places to be honest.
Nothing in the past that I've browsed through showed the rear window shade so never thought to double check.
I'll get on that right away.
When you say "The vertical cord that controls the bottom rod is terminated below with a small upholstered button" I'm assuming that there are 2 buttons, one on each side of the window. Are they mounted on the rear package tray or on the interior wall of the cabin ? That's probably an answer for tomorrow as well. In the meantime, I'll get started looking where you suggested.
Thanks again for all your time today.
TomB

Posted on: 2019/9/15 20:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, two buttons, one on each side. But remember, I have a sedan and they don't have a package shelf, so details on a coupe may well be different.

Posted on: 2019/9/15 20:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Ahhh yes, of course that would be the case wouldn't it. Or maybe they hooked right to the back of the cab on either side of the window. Hope I find that answer in the direction you've pointed me. Will advise.

Posted on: 2019/9/15 20:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Why not contact Richard Lambert down in Florida, he just bought a lovely 1101 coupe and has been on here regularly lately.

Posted on: 2019/9/15 21:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
That's a great idea. I'll try to make contact.
Will advise.
TomB

Posted on: 2019/9/16 0:41
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
In this illustration from the 1934 Eight showroom catalog you can see the curtain pull and the vertical restraining cords and lower upholstered retaining buttons as used in the sedan. The cords originate above the upholstery "flap" and I'm not going to pull mine apart to see the details of where and how they are attached. Left click to enlarge.

If you still want pictures of mine (sedan), let me know but we agree the coupe is constructed differently.

Attach file:

jpg  (170.28 KB)
177_5d7f9ac3aee61.jpg 1754X1274 px

Posted on: 2019/9/16 9:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Good morning Owen. Thank you for the picture from the Showroom Catalogue, but the copy that I'm seeing doesn't show a curtain or any of the details you mentioned. I'll try to find that catalog myself and see the image you are telling me about. At least I know there is something out there that will help with my quest. Thank you ! And no, I certainly would not ask you to pull yours apart for any reason . As always you've been extremely helpful and I appreciate it very much.
Best Regards,
TomB

Posted on: 2019/9/16 12:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Owen, my error !! I do see the curtain now ! I gave it snort closer look, and there it was after all. I'll try to enlarge it more for a better image as I missed it so many time before, but I'be got something to work with now. Thank you !
Tom

Posted on: 2019/9/16 12:05
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry, not the greatest pictures - should have moved the car outside. But on the rear quarter window you can see a lot better what's barely visible in the showroom catalog illustrations. You can see the shade itself with the pull-tab, and the cords on both sides with the termination at the little button. Rear window essentially the same. If you think better pictures would be helpful, I'll have the car out next weekend and will take pix outdoors in daylight.

Attach file:

jpg  (257.41 KB)
177_5d7fc5fb32244.jpg 1441X1920 px

jpg  (373.37 KB)
177_5d7fc70946329.jpg 1920X1553 px

jpg  (283.99 KB)
177_5d7fc87f799e2.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (247.80 KB)
177_5d7fc88cb3a26.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/9/16 12:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Owen, these latest pictures are excellent and certainly shed light on a lot of my questions. Thanks very much !
I haven't found anything in the brochures really germane to my specific needs, but I haven't exhausted the possibilities yet. Also a fellow member of the Nor Cal Packard Club just bought a beautiful '34 4-door sedan and it has the same window treatment as yours ! Between your help and his new (last week) purchase, I'm a heck of a lot closer to finding the answers to my questions than when I started. Now I'm going to try and reach Mr Lambert
as you suggested earlier.
Have a great weekend and many thanks for all the footwork, and suggestions.
Regards,
Tom

Posted on: 2019/9/20 0:59
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved