Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 131

Don Shields, Don B, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Maalox
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I never had a problem with stainless to stainless, or stainless into cast iron, but stainless to zinc can lock up the same way as brass on steel only more so.

As for the clothes pin stuff, that can be tested using thermo-couples in case anybody is interested in becoming an authority on the subject.

I'm not because I find old car politics tiring compared to engineering where data and game theory dominate optimal human behavior strategies.

Posted on: 2019/9/25 5:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I may have posted this before.

Using clothes pins on fuel lines to prevent vapor lock could have some sound basis. I believe this practice comes from the early days of the automobile, before fuel pumps were used. Fuel from the tank to the carburetor was gravity fed. The line from the cowl located gas tank to the up draft carburetor was not pressurized. Vapor lock occurs in the non-pressurized part of the fuel delivery system. So, placing a number of clothes pins would help to dissipate heat and relive or mitigate vapor locking.

This practice continued in later years when fuel pumps were used, but because of the pressurized line from the pump to the carburetor this practice had no affect on curing vapor lock. JWL

Posted on: 2019/9/25 10:57
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Howard, I saw the same show. I don't know if it will work but if your in a pinch, what will it hurt.
Also I just found this in Popular Mechanics Feb. 52.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (9.67 KB)
1003_5d9a3bcee8555.jpg 271X153 px

jpg  (25.34 KB)
1003_5d9a3d0a306c9.jpg 289X371 px

Posted on: 2019/10/6 14:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved