Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'58 Packard Hawk at the SDC Event at McClellan Park, CA last weekend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
A very nice '56 Packard Hawk was among the cars at the Studebaker Drivers Clud event at McClellan Park northeast of Sacramento, CA last weekend:

https://56packardman.com/2019/10/01/gear-head-tuesday-studebakers-at-mcclellan-park/

The owner of this Hawk is also restoring a Packard-powered '56 Golden Hawk.

Attach file:

jpg  (649.50 KB)
13111_5d93b0ce96ef3.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2019/10/1 15:01
 Top  Print 

Re: '58 Packard Hawk at the SDC Event at McClellan Park, CA last weekend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
One of the Studebaker Hawks at the meet had a license plate frame from Atran's in Arbuckle, CA. The frame boasted that Atran's was Studebaker's oldest continuing dealer. Indeed, Atran sold Studebakers from 1910-1964.

From 1954-1958, Atran was also a Packard dealer. (Given the tiny size and remoteness of Arbuckle, I wonder if they ever actually sold a Packard.)

Arbuckle is 60 miles northwest of Sacramento on I-5, but seems like it is 600 miles from nowhere.

Somehow Dutch Darrin of Packard-Darrin fame, found Arbuckle upon his discharge from the U.S. Army flying corps at the end of WWI and operated a crop dusting service there until he relocated to Southern California to begin his car customizing business which yielded the Packard-Darrins.

Visit the blog post for an added photo. (For some reason I can't get it to attach here today. Six attempts ... I give up ... )

Posted on: 2019/10/2 20:24
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved