Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Model years for rotary antenna?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

signsup
See User information
Well, I just visited a few Packard museums, and am now thoroughly confused. (easy state of mind for me) I was under the impression that the roof mounted rotary antenna was a 46,47 option.
I am doing a 47 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan back as a 42 military staff car and my 47 has the rotary antenna fully working, but with a broken off mast.
I hadn't decided yet to keep it or remove it.
But, after seeing what was represented as a 42 with this antenna as well as a 48 with this antenna, I need some advice.
Picked up a parts manual during the trip, but nothing on radios or antennas for some reason. Only the radio dash insert plate is mentioned with part numbers.

So, What years and models offered the rotary antenna?

And, I understand that they are pricey and somewhat rare, but any leads on a replacement mast? Even one that looks close will work for my effort.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2019/11/18 17:37
 Top  Print 

Re: Model years for rotary antenna?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It was available from 1941 thru 1950 (23rd series). Sandy Chirco (Tuscon Packard) may still offer a remasting service, the other folks I knew who did this have since given it up.

Hudson and Buick units look tantalizing the same, but they are not interchangeable.

Posted on: 2019/11/18 18:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
Hi this Is Mike Chirco with Tucson Packard ( Sandys son). We are still building antennas, you can reach me at 520-730-2246 or cell 520-336-0057 Thanks

Posted on: 2019/11/18 20:23
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

signsup
See User information
All good news. Let me get the original one off and in my hands and then when I call, I can speak intelligently about what I require.
Or, at least as intelligent as I can get.

Posted on: 2019/11/18 21:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Hi Mike...This is Ernie up in Scottsdale. I drove down today for lunch at The Arizona Inn. Next time I'll run down a bit farther and east and stop in and say Hello...Enjoy your day. Ernie Vitucci

Posted on: 2019/11/18 21:31
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved