Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948/49 Cormorant Hood Ornament
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Pckrd320
See User information
A friend of mine sent me this request:

I have a 1948/49 Packard cormorant hood ornament. It looks like the body was gold/brass plated and the wings were chrome
I need information on disassembling the 3 pieces; it appears they have 2 wedges inside that hold the wings in place I am looking for some help in pulling out the wedges. I did find one good blog on the web, but I am guessing there are a couple different styles and that blog refers to a single wedge driven between the 2 wings. Again mine has 2 wedges. Any ideas or insight appreciated.

Can anybody offer suggestions?
Thanks,
Gordon

Posted on: 2019/11/19 11:53
 Top  Print 

Re: 1948/49 Cormorant Hood Ornament
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If it's a stock ornament, it should have one wedge that holds both wings. I made a special tool decades ago and it was quite easy and if I can find the photos. I'll add them here.

However, if your ornament has two wedges, it must be an aftermarket knockoff or perhaps a reproduction and the original was in potmetal, not brass and was fully chromed. Photos would help.

Posted on: 2019/11/20 13:59
 Top  Print 

Re: 1948/49 Cormorant Hood Ornament
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Pckrd320
See User information
Thanks, Don.
I'll get him to send photos.
Gordon

Posted on: 2019/11/21 10:55
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved