Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
51 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Chassis color
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Does anyone have information about chassis color on '20s and early '30s Packards?

The body on my 740 was originally Shirvan Green. The standard color scheme for a green Packard in 1930 was Shirvan Green with black fenders and gold/bronze pinstriping. Optional wire wheels were painted Stanley green.

The car's chassis has never been repainted but is also green, although it doesn't appear as dark a green as Shirvan. A green chassis would only seem appropriate with green fenders - not a standard option in 1930. Or maybe the chassis was painted Stanley green to match the wire wheels with which my car came equipped?

Of course, for an additional fee, Packard would paint your new car any custom color scheme desired. I imagine a custom paint job could have included choice of chassis color as well.

Information on this topic is sparse, your input would be welcome.

Posted on: 2019/12/5 18:27
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Chassis color
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Are you sure "Chassis in color" wasn't an extra cost option in 1930? It certainly was in 1934 and going back several years before that, and I thought well back into the 20s.

Just for reference, the 1934 Salesman's Data Book shows an extra $55 for chassis in special color, separate from the option of the entire car in special color at $110. These prices for the Eight.

Posted on: 2019/12/5 18:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Yes. Chassis could be painted something other than black for extra cost.

Posted on: 2019/12/5 22:01
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Thanks Owen and West, you have answered my question!

Posted on: 2019/12/5 22:43
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved