Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1928 533 choke rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Does any one know how to connect the choke rod to the valve oiler assembly?

I was told the valve oiler assembly will put oil on the cylinder and piston surfaces with the engine is cold.

I have a 6 cyl engine.

Thanks
Gar

Posted on: 2020/1/29 21:59
 Top  Print 

Re: 1928 533 choke rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
The oiler valve should allow oil to flow to the cylinders only when the choke is fully engaged. Is your oiler valve on the passenger side of the engine behind the exhaust pipe? Here is a photo of my 1930 valve before I connected the linkages. If yours is similar I could take a photo of the valve with linkages connected; the weather is currently warm enough for me to access the car.

Attach file:

png  (689.71 KB)
156395_5e3327c57ac9a.png 541X603 px

Posted on: 2020/1/30 13:55
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
The choke knob connects to a horizontal rod to a crank on the inside of the firewall which connects to a vertical rod the runs down through a hole in the sloping aluminum floor connecting directly to an arm on the oil valve, another rod connects horizontally to the choke on the carburetor.
I can try to take some photos if that needs clarification but its a bit hard to see.

I have found on my cars that the small shaft the comes out of the oiler valve which passes through a small packed gland is a source of leakage that is difficult to access so I blocked the oil passages so that the rods simply operate the choke. The oil lines to the cylinders have always been blocked at the holes into the cylinders when I have had to strip the engine so blocking the oil supply does nothing when the lines are already blocked.

Posted on: 2020/1/31 2:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
Thanks. I will make a trip over to the garage and take a look at it tomorrow.

Posted on: 2020/2/1 22:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gar
See User information
I have the layout as you described. Since I have good oil dripage on the rest of the car , I don't think I need to add anymore sources for oil leaks.

Unless someone tell me differently, I will leave this item alone and work on getting my chassis lubricator working correctly.

Posted on: 2020/2/10 19:43
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved