Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1951 radio
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
You can see the capacitors in these pics. The schematic will tell you the values and how many you need (link below last pic)

Attach file:

jpg  (288.06 KB)
508_5e6eb4a719f7c.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (338.06 KB)
508_5e6eb4c0bd757.jpg 1920X1440 px
pdf Size: 189.78 KB; Hits: 84

Posted on: 2020/3/15 18:05
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
The main thing is buying caps that have the same or higher voltage ratings of the originals. On electrolytic capacitors in the power supply that help smooth out the dc after the 0z4,
one should use caps that are at least within 50% the same rating as original and the same voltage or higher than original. Other wax caps should be replaced with values that are the same. The buffer cap is the one across the "points" of the vibrator. It usually has a voltage rating of 1600 volts. It helps to keep the contacts within the vibrator from arcing.

Posted on: 2020/3/16 9:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Capacitors and resistors are available at several places but I found most all of the capacitors I needed at two places. Just Radioshttps://justradios.com had a few in the same specs as the originals and Antique Electronic Supplyhttps://www.tubesandmore.com/products/capacitors had the rest of them. For my 47 I felt Antique Electronic had the better selection of capacitors designated closest to if not identical to the original specs.

Posted on: 2020/3/16 10:22
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Although I've never tried them, you can also get solid state vibrators at places like Antique Electronic Supply but check the reviews and comments about pin-outs first.

Posted on: 2020/3/16 10:57
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved