Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1946 Packard Clipper 6
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Anything that I might need to be aware of in removing the fuel tank, other than connections and straps?

Posted on: 2020/3/25 12:31
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Should be fairly easy although before removing the nuts I would recommend dosing the two T bolts at the rear with penetrating oil a day or so prior to the attempt. Tank is kind of bulky and heavy so might be good to have something close able to support it when you let it down far enough to disconnect the sender wire. If your car is one with a Wade connector in the fuel sender wire where it joins the body loom in the trunk you can disconnect there and feed the short length down thru the grommeted hole near the L tail light assy and let the tank down the entire way..

Posted on: 2020/3/25 13:06
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I'll have to check the trunk for a connector.... It probably doesn't, that would make it to easy....LOL

Posted on: 2020/3/25 16:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
A couple days ago, in the evening I raised the front of the car up and placed it on jack stands. Tonight, I crawled under and sprayed the master cylinder bolts and fittings with Blaster. Would like to remove the master to check for condition of the bore. Fingers crossed I hope I can rebuild it....
See the end of the breather is mashed and needs opened back up. John

Posted on: 2022/9/13 20:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I envy you making some headway. I'm on hold what with working out of town and the house project which butted its way to the head of the line.

Posted on: 2022/9/14 15:51
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
My headway is rather slow..... Wish I had more time to devote to it.
On the master cylinder front it looks like the bore is in nice shape, no pitting I can see. I will probably seek out a cap for it. The original seems sort of brittle, on part of the flange the gasket goes onto chipped off.

Posted on: 2022/9/17 13:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I understand entirely. I meant that you're getting to spend some time with yours. My time is going into getting this new piece-of-a-house renovated so it'll produce a few shekels of income. It's a money pit at the moment. And a labor pit.

I know, it's a first world problem, but still.

Posted on: 2022/9/17 15:02
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved