Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Corona
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
I'm not trying to bring your business down, but mail service is becoming sporadic. Thus, part of the reason for the IRS extensions. I have bill invoices that are overdue and I haven't seen a mail carrier.

I am not going buy anything from junkbay. I don't use junkazon for ethics reasons. Thus, shipping Packard parts by mail might be risky. I don't know what is going on with UPS and FEDEX except that FEDEX has thrown past shipments of mine in the trash and recorded them as delivered. And no they didn't leave them on my door step. They threw them in their dumpster.

Tim, Europe is one week in advance with health effects and economical implications of Corona but everything related to public safety, order and utility goes smothly. Service providers like FedEx, UPS and Deutsche Post do several extra shifts to cope with the task. The business of mail-order wholesalers is doing thriftily says New York Post.

Attach file:

jpg  (12.32 KB)
757_5e7f7138ba759.jpg 218X300 px

Posted on: 2020/3/28 10:36
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I took a break from building the wooden model to do my income taxes. I always dread doing this, but always surprised about how easy and fast it goes. It is a good feeling to have this job behind me.

I have been thinking about posting a Project Blog about the build of the model. Granted, it is not a Packard thing but I think folks here might like to see how it progresses while staying at home. Maybe I'll reshape the radiator grille to a Packard shape for more acceptability.

I expect most of us will know of someone who has come down with the Coronavirus before this pandemic is under control.

Stay well and take care.

Posted on: 2020/3/28 11:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
No mail delivery today. Dismissing caution is not a good idea right now.

After heavy rain I went outside to check the battery voltage in my car. That was the first time I went outside in five days. I have plenty of left over food thanks to stocking up during a big project at work which precluded free time for shopping.

I am enjoying this shutdown. I wake up when I want and go to bed when I get tired. The only problem is the purpose of the shutdown is to see if you get sick. I'm not very far from where they are putting dead bodies into the dumpster. Even the nurses and doctors are getting sick.

Posted on: 2020/3/28 17:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Bodies in dumpsters? Tim where do you live? That sounds like Wuhan, China or another 3rd world country.

Posted on: 2020/3/28 18:24
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are having mail or delivery shutdowns it must be something to do with your state or local restrictions. Calif is one of the states where a lot of businesses deemed "non essential" are closed but PO was open when I sent a package yesterday and my mail was delivered yesterday and today. UPS and Amazon's drivers or contractors are working as I saw their trucks and vans delivering in the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2020/3/28 18:29
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yes, last time I checked, death is a vital statistic in the US (and Canada) and human remains are sent to a morgue for sanitary and dignified resolution by family members or the state. Imagine how that statement would bounce off you if your Mom or Dad had just passed from this pandemic? My Dad always used to say 'load brain before firing mouth' to me when I said inappropriate things. Perhaps 're-read and evaluate before pressing send' might be appropriate here. Sensitive times and sensitive issues here, Tim.

Posted on: 2020/3/28 19:03
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Tim must live in Iran or so such place. I think over there they were digging mass graves...

Posted on: 2020/3/28 22:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dumpster is just a figure of speech. Would you prefer hopper? The bodies are piling up, people have died in the ER waiting room, the politicians are yelling at each other, and the nation is going broke.

The only misinformation I see floating around is people dismissing this situation. Well, not me. I work with people who have small children and the stresses on those children when their parents are too sick to get across the room is a disaster. A lot of children are going to orphaned over the next few years and I, for one, don't want to contribute to that.

Posted on: 2020/3/29 9:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Tim, I'm sorry you're feeling so much distress, the current situation is somewhat out of control and to a person that needs to be in control it must be unbearable. However, keep venting because it's good for all of us to be able to safely unload our feelings from time to time. Stay well.
Steve

Posted on: 2020/3/29 9:51
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Value change in 2020.

Posted on: 2020/4/2 13:04
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved