Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

Joe Krzan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Engine Timing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Steve, I hear you loud and clear! And the lacing I was referring to, was about $25 direct from Amazon and how much could the attaching fasteners be?!?!? And Don, other than the Max Marritt labels being applied to the 2 bags, how much more cost is incurred by Amazon fulfilling the order FOR M.M. vs. them packaging it and sending direct?? Same product, process and packaging, right?? I get it that these companies are in it to make a buck, but when does it go from capitalist retail to scalping?? The TV news showed a guy the other day that had gone out and purchased a bunch of hand sanitizer and toilet paper and was going door to door selling it for double the price. The station absolutely vilified the guy as being a monster and a carpetbagger. My reaction was: Walmart does that on some items every day of the week and they don't even put them in their car and bring them to your door!! What's the big deal here?? Nobody HAD to buy the stuff from him, and why is it only scalping when HE does it?!?!? There are so many companies out there that are making OBSCENE profit on retail items...

Posted on: 2020/3/30 17:00
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I don't know what Amazon.com charges for fulfillment but it's quite a bit, and you have to send them your product so there is shipping involved even before an item sells. They charge for the warehousing whether there are orders or not and for the fulfillment per order and that is in additional to their usual fees. It's not a service I use for the couple things I sell though them, which is mainly CDs that I've produced.

Posted on: 2020/3/30 17:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Sounds like they're scammin' & jammin' pretty thick and heavy to me.

Posted on: 2020/3/30 17:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I don't buy anything on junkazon for ethics reasons. For example, they hire people to work in their hell hole and when they get sick throw them out. In the UK an entire town quit and junkazon had to bus suckers in from out of town. The place is a scourge run by sociopathic spoiled brats.

Merritt has been passing through via the catalogue as long as I can remember. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you don't want to do the research as to all of the various sources. However, the drop shipping thing is new to me so I would do the research to find the source. For example, Steele does the rubber so go there directly.

I see this site has some of that already. I have a folder of suppliers for my own use, but a lot of those chaps are no longer doing business.

Posted on: 2020/3/31 7:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Tim, the problem with this is 'hindsight', as, a lot of the time when I am searching for something I know little or nothing about, or haven't purchased before, I am kind of flying blind. When it came to the profile to seal/cushion the hood/cowl joint, I didn't even know what went there, never mind what it was called. I did post here and somebody mentioned they'd picked it up from M.M and that is wasn't THAT expensive, so I kind of let my guard down and just ordered it from them. Normally I DO investigate more than one source and TRY and come up with, maybe not just the lowest price, but the best value. In this instance, I got stung, and I will 'know better next time'; problem is, like so many things, I will probably never buy cowl lacing again in my lifetime! LOL Irrespective, Caveat Emptor rings loud, true and clear here!! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/3/31 17:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved