Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 369 370 371 (372) 373 374 375 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1940 super 8 160. Looks great but is that a Packard steering wheel? Never seen it before. Also it claims to be owned by james hollingsworth at 1 time.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/vallejo-1940-packard-183-series-160/7103873930.html

Posted on: 2020/4/5 18:30
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, that is a Packard steering wheel.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 18:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Yes, that's the base steering wheel you would get if you didn't ante up for the deluxe ivory banjo wheel.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 19:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
.. .. .. on a senior model. It's quite different on a 110 or 120.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 19:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
Well he sure has a lot of friends there, and what looks like a 22nd series peeking out from under a cover.

Posted on: 2020/4/6 7:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
This gentleman is looking for a '41 120 parts car, will consider 110:
https://altoona.craigslist.org/wan/d/central-city-packard-1941/7097775316.html

A '58 hardtop, good start to improve while you drive:
https://hartford.craigslist.org/ctd/d/deep-river-1958-packard-58l-2-door/7101721504.html

Steve

Posted on: 2020/4/6 15:45
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Steve, is it just me, or are those last couple of Packard models just plain boar-ugly?!?!? I see 'Studebaker' in there and an 'attempt' at retaining some Packard pedigree (which rates an epic fail, IMO) with the resulting vehicle looking like a Stud on steroids, or maybe even mushrooms! My Apologies to anyone that owns one of these 'things', my assault is certainly not personal, but every time I see one, I find myself asking 'what were they (Packard) thinking'?!?!? Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/6 15:56
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The same 1958 was posted here just a few days ago and Chris, even though you didn't ask me, I really like them! The 2-door hardtops such as the one listed are my favorites on the 1957-1958 Packards.

Posted on: 2020/4/6 16:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Chris

I don't think there were really any Packard personnel left making decisions when they 1958 models were being developed. It was all in the hands of the Studebaker sales and promotion department with assistance of the styling department and the okay of upper management.

The rational was that 'Packard' couldn't withstand another year of being labelled a fancy Studebaker therefore a car of distinctive and unique design was necessary. Roy Hurley was calling the shots, had his 'Hurley Hawk' Ferrari-inspired one-off custom which he liked really well. Well enough to order it into production as the Packard Hawk, and while they were at it, apply that same styling to the sedans, hardtops and station wagons. It gave us a unforgettable final act.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (72.41 KB)
409_5e8ba1e7592c7.jpg 616X390 px

Posted on: 2020/4/6 16:41
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thanks for the replies, Steve & Don. As always. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and, while some people may like a certain style of vehicle, others may find it hideous. And SOME vehicles may not make good 'first impressions' and then later 'grow' on us after we have looked at them for a while. I DO get that. PERSONALLY, I absolutely love traditional Packard styling, am partial to the pre-war stuff, (obviously, that is what I sought & bought) but as soon as I evaluate the Studebaker-influenced Packards, they just come off as garish and gaudy to me. And yet there are a couple of real Studebakers that I DO like, I think it was the mid-fifties Avanti and the Hawk Presidente, I believe it was called, were nice enough looking cars for the time. I guess what puts me off about those last Packards as they seem like 'fake Packards' and the fins and bulbous headlight stylings look 'inserted'. Maybe if I try and view them more in context with the time-frame they were being marketed, they would seem less ugly to me, but as it is, just looking at them now, they seem a 'genetic' mess. Just my opinion I realize and know others will flatly disagree with me. Just sayin'. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/6 20:00
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 369 370 371 (372) 373 374 375 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved