Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
37 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 36

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Palm Sunday and Easter
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Glad to see the Easter Decoration on one of my main connections with outside world since this lockdown. This has sort off shut down my spring summer activities. Getting together with my old friends for any activity is out. Hope we all of us survive and return to a enjoyable form of new Normal. My Clipper is still in off site winter storage.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 9:35
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Re: Palm Sunday and Easter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yes Acolds, my sentiments as well. The Easter eggs were a welcome sight Big Kev; your timer doo-dads are working nicely. Happy Palm Sunday to everyone. Not sure where this whole 'thing' is going but we will eventually come out the other side of it and hopefully, back to some semblance of normalcy, although I strongly suspect some things may never be the same. And financially, I find it absolutely mind-boggling how EVERYTHING seems to be shutting down, the cost of which HAS to be in the trillions! Yikes. With 80-95% less ridership, BC Ferries have cancelled numerous sailings and removed some routes altogether. We were on Vancouver Island looking after some boat business and returned home early, thinking we could get stranded over there!! The US is still the hardest hit country in the world, so constant care and vigilance is key; stay safe everyone. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 12:54
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I received a letter from my bank dated 12/31/2019 indicating a major problem was in store in the near future. So I closed down my brokerage account. I didn't have much money in it because Wall Street is so crooked. But if a bank can be on top of this problem what is wrong with the government?

Posted on: 2020/4/5 14:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Never realized it was palm Sunday till you mentioned it. It's going to be a different Easter all together. Hopefully things will get back to normal quickly, but I think our economy will need quiet some time to recoup from this. Not trying to get political here, but not much good has been coming out of china since 1949, I think it's time to wean ourselves quickly from them.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 18:35
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Quote:
not much good has been coming out of china since 1949, I think it's time to wean ourselves quickly from them.

BDC, Boy, you're preachin' to the choir there!! If you only knew of the time and effort I've spent trying to buy products made in the US & Canada to support domestic manufacturing! I don't know of too many things I feel MORE strongly about but unfortunately, corporate greed led so many companies over there in the name of obscene profit, and now China practically OWNS our respective economies. Weaning ourselves from them might be a very good idea, just not sure where the trillions of dollars that we owe them would come from to 'pay 'em off' especially now with a proclaimed 'global recession'. Not to be pessimistic but I fear this whole mess could take a decade or more to recover from, financially. Just my two bits worth. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 20:25
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
The Fed caused it so they can pay it.

All they would do is enter it. now. A computer.

And done. Tax free. And no paper money.

Thin air money

Same way they are going to pump up wall street.

Posted on: 2020/4/5 23:20
Riki
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved