Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2020 PAC National Meet is cancelled
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
This message was sent to all PAC trustees and regional directors from PAC President Craig Handley:

-----

After a great deal of discussion, we have regretfully decided to cancel the 2020 National Meet in Northern California. Given the headlines, this should come as no surprise to anyone. Considering that the vast majority of our members are in the "high risk" category, we wouldn't want to risk a single life and I'm sure you wouldn't either. The virus would have to be eradicated nationwide and a vaccine developed and approved before we could hold this meet in June and we just don't see that happening.

We'll be working with Nor-Cal to release the necessary contracts and refunds will be issued to everyone who registered so far. More information will be in the next CNB.

The good news is that Nor-Cal has agreed to host the 2023 meet instead, which marks 70 years as a club. What better place to celebrate than where it all began. This is our first opportunity to reschedule the meet because we have contracts in place for next year and the year after that. We haven't begun negotiations for New Hampshire or Tennessee, so we'll simply move them back a year to accommodate California. This year's meet was really shaping up to be a very fine meet due to the hard work of the Nor-Cal meet committee and I am glad that their efforts won't be in vain.

We now look to Hershey as our annual board meeting, and if we are unable to do that, we'll look into having a virtual board meeting. We will also investigate the possibility of combining a virtual conference with our board meeting at the Hershey Lodge so that we can get as many people to participate as we can. That will depend on a lot of things, but I'll look into it.

In closing, please take care of yourselves. Together, we'll get through this.

Craig

Posted on: 2020/4/10 10:20
 Top  Print 

Re: 2020 PAC National Meet is cancelled
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Do they ever come to Texas?

Posted on: 2020/4/10 19:53
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Houston in 1984 and 1998. To get on tbe calendar again you'll need a local club region in TX to commit to host the event.

Posted on: 2020/4/10 20:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Has anyone received information on obtaining a refund for registration?

Posted on: 2020/5/7 11:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Nothing so far

Posted on: 2020/5/7 12:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
I received my refund in the mail two days ago.

Posted on: 2020/5/7 12:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I got my refund a few days ago. The mail service is not doing too well right now.

Posted on: 2020/5/7 18:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks all. My refund was received in the mail on Saturday.

Posted on: 2020/5/11 9:37
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved