Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Kanter's Speedster Sold
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I am the only one who noticed Kanter's 734 went onto the block? Back when the prices were ridiculous he told me he would never sell. When those cars were selling for more than Duesenbergs I was shaking my head. What really killed me was when they painted the radiator shell on one of them and now go around calling it original.

Those dealers write ad copy the same way as hucksters in forged artwork. Yuk!

It was nice seeing that car in strong hands. Now it will no doubt become part of the old car three ring circus.

Posted on: 2020/5/11 9:35
 Top  Print 

Re: Kanter's Speedster Sold
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Here's a story I wrote in 2018 on the 734 Speedsters that have passed through Oregon starting on Page 18. I really love this model.

https://packardsoforegon.net/Clipper/2ndQtr2018ClipperWebRedacted.pdf

With a featurette on Page 3.

Posted on: 2020/5/11 13:53
 Top  Print 

Re: Kanter's Speedster Sold
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The two Victoria's were owned at one time by a dentist named Hoeschbaker in New Jersey. One of them is in Turnquist's book in original condition. Somewhere else around here I have a picture of a clean original phaeton that sold at a yard sale for $250.

Bob was an avid photographer so maybe there are more pictures of the victorias in the materials he gave to museums. I can't imagine him throwing anything away.

Posted on: 2020/5/12 5:32
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved