Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 155

Packard Don, todd landis, BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Trips
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rblum
See User information
Too good a day to waste, weather in Baltimore County perfect for cruising to Speedwell Garage and visiting Ross Miller in the shop with my 52 200. Ross was putting the finishing touches on the spark plug wires on an engine!

Posted on: 2020/5/16 13:00
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
'56 Senior. Almost done.

Attach file:

jpg  (369.34 KB)
618_5ec1233394685.jpg 1920X1630 px

Posted on: 2020/5/17 6:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...Took Miss Prudence for her normal 40 minute Sunday Morning Day Break ride this morning. I opened the garage door and found myself looking at a Coyote just across the street. We looked at each other and he sort of seemed to shrug and walk on up the street. He was NOT impressed with me!

Miss Prudence caught on the third four second crank and I let her warm up a bit, backed her out and we headed off. Lots of folks out walking as it was only about 80 or so at sun up.

Nice ride...no other old cars out running around...one additional Coyote trotting down the middle of Cactus Road, he just moved over a bit and we just slipped by him and went on down the road. We had a fan belt squeak for a couple of blocks and then it quieted down.

A big black SUV followed us for a few blocks, we were on a tight one lane each way road...when we hit a stretch of two lanes each way, the SUV passed us and a big hairy arm came out of the drivers window with a big (chubby) Thumb Up! NICE! It made Prudence's day.

Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/6/21 12:14
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Notice the generator adjustment bracket? That's the way they should be. Different than most other makes, but correct for a Packard V-8. Sometimes there is room on the RH inner fender, but a belt just a bit too long will cause the bracket to hit the inner fender and prevent correct adjustment. Beautiful engine.

Posted on: 2020/6/22 12:28
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...Miss Prudence took her normal Sunday morning drive at sun up...nice 30 minute drive...pretty quiet streets in our semi rural area...at one point two Coyotes were trotting down the road, going the same way we were going and paying us any attention...I guess they don't know what a Packard is! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/9/21 10:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Took Miss Prudence for some exercise and we stopped to say hi to a lady who we have waived at for several years during our early morning exercise. We've decided to have breakfast and visit one morning not too far down the road...on the way home Miss Prudence ran over a rabbit...Oops! It shot out of the brush on one side of the road and Prudence could not stop or turn quick enough. Sad thing to have happen on an otherwise nice drive...Miss Prudence is sulking a bit this afternoon. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/4/28 15:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Thank miss Prudence for providing you a rabbit for lunch.

Posted on: 2022/4/28 21:08
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
I ended up helping a friend in California for a week...so Miss Prudence did not receive her weekly work out...came home yesterday and after putting things away...climbed into the old girl to take her out and give her some exercise...she let me know that she had been sitting for two weeks...she was a grumpy old broad and damn near did not start...perhaps with a 10 year old battery...might be time to get a new one...then again...It just might be Prucence being difficult...she does that once in a while...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/5/9 12:13
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sounds like time to treat Miss Prudence to a new battery.

Certainly NOT a recent trip, 7 years ago in fact. But while browsing some old tour photos I came across these which I'm sure all and especially the fans on the '50s Packards will find enjoyable.

Attach file:

jpg  Reading 2015 084.JPG (219.23 KB)
177_627950e0b0c36.jpg 1500X1017 px

jpg  Reading 2015 087.JPG (187.24 KB)
177_627950f21806e.jpg 1500X939 px

Posted on: 2022/5/9 12:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Dave, the second appears to be the Balboa but the first is a real Bitsa with 1953-1954 grille, 1952 hood ornament, 1953 Clipper Deluxe trim, etc, etc. Interesting, though, to say the least!

Posted on: 2022/5/9 13:49
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved