Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2262 coil bracket
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I noticed that my 48 Sedan has a unique bracket for the coil and the spark plug wires . Top half secures the coil , and bottom half the plug wires - Then it is bolted to the engine . . Which other models use this type bracket ?

Posted on: 2020/5/17 21:10
 Top  Print 

Re: 2262 coil bracket
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Parts has the integral coil clamp and cable support-bracket assy used from 48 to 54. Earlier 40-47 models used a similar cover assy and cable arrangement for the plug wires but the coils in those years had armored cables over the hot wire and were mounted to the engine head or the firewall instead of on top of the cover and bracket assy.

Posted on: 2020/5/17 21:24
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
looks like the plug wires are mounted in the assembly with rubber inserts ?

Posted on: 2020/5/17 21:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Yes, wire are held by a rubber block. Steele repros the rubber.https://www.steelerubber.com/ignition-cable-grommet-70-1598-21 I cannot tell on his photo if his repro has the feature but on some of the rubber blocks there are slits the length of the holes so you can bend the block to open the slit and access the hole to just lay the completely terminated plug wires in. In blocks with no slits you need to have one end of the wire without terminals or boots so the wire can be pushed thru the holes. There is probably no reason you could not use a razor blade to make a slit if none is present. When the metal cover is installed it will keep the rubber tightly compressed and slits closed.

Posted on: 2020/5/17 21:47
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Mine has slits - the cables push into the slits - not sure about the bottom plug wires - Looks like 4 on top of 4 wires ?

Posted on: 2020/5/17 22:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
My original coil/spark plug wire bracket looks like new after old paint removal, priming and painting in original black.

Posted on: 2020/5/26 0:01
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved