Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 84

bertus cardinaal, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packards at Auction
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
1955 Packard "The Four Hundred" - Copart auction in Sun Valley CA. No current bid. Auction date 6/3/2020

https://www.copart.com/lot/33578130

These next ones are all being auctioned on Saturday 5/30/2020. No reserve. I believe located in WA. No idea if any of these run or not. Actually, I can tell you the '41 120 does not....

1941 120 (they have it listed as a 110). Rough, head is off the block
http://www.luckyoldcar.com/uncategorized/lot-194-1941-packard-110-no-reserve/

1942 Clipper. Doesn't look too shabby.
http://www.luckyoldcar.com/uncategorized/lot-189-1942-packard-clipper-no-reserve/

1949 Standard? Eight. Looks like it has the Egyptian hood ornament
http://www.luckyoldcar.com/uncategorized/lot-194-1941-packard-110-no-reserve/

****Okay, does anyone know why I can't add any more links??? I've tried to add to this post, create a new reply, etc and every time it sends me to a blank page. It took me three tries to get the above links on this post. Using Chrome, fully updated. Never seen anything like this before, and I'm on a lot of forums. Is there a limit to pictures/link per post??

-Kevin

Posted on: 2020/5/27 22:51
 Top  Print 

Re: Packards at Auction
Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
So I've talked to the company running the lucky auction it is on line bid only. you must have a credit card with a $2500+ credit limit to get a bidder number to bid on cars. asked them about phone bids as I don't have that high a limit. they said they would get back to me. been waiting almost a week. If you go on the lucky auction website the Packards are listed in a row with no reserve.
I have seen these cars in person. The red 4 door is the best of the bunch but the motor is frozen same as on the '55 400. The rest are also not in terrible shape. I have brought home worse than those!

Posted on: 2020/5/28 3:27
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama parts car- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
Mike--do you know what model was the Clipper?

Posted on: 2020/5/28 7:37
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Bummer that the 400's engine is stuck. That's more than I want to attempt.

Reading the fine print, there is a 18% online premium as well as a 23% buyer's premium. I don't think I've seen a buyer's premium that high on any other auction site. Just something to keep in mind for those that are bidding.

Posted on: 2020/5/28 8:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
George,
No I forgot to get the model # with the lockdown still going on the place where they are is closed. The fees for this auction are extremely high I don't think BJ or any of the other big auction houses are that high.

Posted on: 2020/5/28 13:36
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
I think BJ and Mecum are somewhere around 10% for buyers premium. I don't recall exactly but it was significantly less. This particular auction adds total fees of 41% on top of the sale price. Ouch.

Posted on: 2020/5/28 14:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
The last time I looked into this BJ was 10% in both directions. Example: For a hammer price of 10K, the new owner pays 11K, previous owner receives 9K. I suspect there is a sales tax complication that likely applies in each state, that is, if the new owner registers the car in the same state that the auction is held there will likely be a transaction tax levied.

dp

Posted on: 2020/5/28 16:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
I talked to the people running the auction yesterday. Told me they still want $2500 deposit for a bid number. mentioned the premium percentage was told its only 10% so something doesn't add up. I'm going to pass on bidding. Lemay always has 2 auctions a year. I'll wait till after this one and see what is left.

Posted on: 2020/5/29 3:45
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
When I read verbiage like "...from the LeMay family collection..." I can't figure out whether or not they are being serious.

When I see the same things written about cars owned by people I knew who are now dead I get chills. If I got behind the wheel of so-and-so's car again I would feel really sad.

Posted on: 2020/5/29 10:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Another point of view...we don't own them, we're just custodians until we pass them to the next custodian. So the previous owner will appreciate your preservation and protection of their special car just like you will when the next custodian takes care of your car.

Posted on: 2020/5/29 10:22
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved