Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1934 Packard 1100 - Backfire and stumble at 50MPH
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I screwed up. Here's the link that takes you to Past #714 on Page 72 of the thread:
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5878&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=710

Posted on: 2020/5/28 9:59
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Packman34&53
See User information
I had the same problem with my '34 & after checking ignition, fuel pump etc. I pulled the gas tank and after removing the line from the left inner frame to the short line on the sending unit found the flare nut attaching the line to the sending unit was cracked! At slower speeds engine was receiving enough fuel but upon acceleration it was pulling air into the line thus starving the engine! A Packard mechanic had told me to check all lines including the line on the sending unit! Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2020/6/1 22:15
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Christopher Slater
See User information
It's been a couple of weeks since my last update on this drivability issue with my 1934 1100 and I am pleased to say that we found the cause.

Took a break from work so I could drive the '34 over to the shop. We removed the distributor and placed in into a Sun distributor tester and discovered the following:

1. Mechanical advance was correct and working properly
2. The dwell was not correct - so we corrected it
3. Spark plug wires were working properly
4. Replaced two of the spark plugs as the screw tops were stripped.

The car now drives well throughout the RPM range, no more loss of power, no more bucking or stumble. How interesting that the dwell makes such a big difference.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 22:00
Christopher Slater
San Jose CA
NorCal Packards / Packard Automobile Classics / CCCA
1934 Packard 1100 Five Passenger Sedan
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved