Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
44 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 44

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Carter Carb fuel leak
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi John,

I tried to load the video from home here but it was 11K and the system only allows 10. At any rate, I picked up the carb today and installed it after I got home. Car runs great - no leaks!! I asked the carb guy about the test setup and inquired if it was air that was being run through the carb and simulating engine function, and he said 'heck no, that's a real engine and I'm running gas through your carb same as if it was on your car.' He said he tested it up to 6.2 LBS and it didn't leak and said if my pressure was any higher than that, I'd need a pressure regulator. I had to adjust the air bleed screw quite a bit to smooth out my engine as he had obviously set it for the one on the dyno, but it certainly seems to be working properly and the best part - no drips!!! Now for some Packard Trips!!! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/6/4 0:59
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
So what did he find that made it leak the first time?

Posted on: 2020/6/4 7:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Good luck, keep us posted! Do you have a fuel pump pressure gauge? First thing I'd look at if the bowl leaks again

Posted on: 2020/6/4 10:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
That's the strange part John. He said he wasn't sure what the issue was the first time, but he disassembled the whole unit, inspected it and put it back together. Now it doesn't leak a drop and before, gas poured out of it??? I sure would have like to have found out WHAT the actual issue was, but I'll take it this way!! I will sure be keeping an eye on it and will let you know how it works. Chris

Posted on: 2020/6/4 10:15
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved