Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Auction: '41 120 convertible coupe - N.J. June 5, 2020
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
This Bring A Trailer on-line auction for a 1941 Packard 120 convertible coupe in Lawrence Township, New Jersey ends June 5, 2020:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1941-packard-120-convertible-3/

If you inspect this Packard in person, please tell us about it. Better, if you buy it, tell us about your proud new acquisition.

Steve

Posted on: 2020/6/2 12:22
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Re: Auction: '41 120 convertible coupe - N.J. June 5, 2020
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Interesting car at a price that seems reasonable presuming there is no reserve and/or that the bidding doesn't soar at the last minute. The description, though, makes it seem that the running board delete option was standard for 1941 when it wasn't and, as far as I know, wasn't very commonly added. It looks good that way. The top and hydraulics, though, are a mess and would take considerable effort to sort out!

Posted on: 2020/6/2 16:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yes, Don, the top APPEARS okay in the first picture, but that second shot shows a terrible fit and condition. Like you say, it would take considerable time and $$'s to sort that out. And, while I like convertibles, I am always suspect of water ingress damage, either from worn-out, leaking rag-tops or the car getting 'caught out in the rain' with the top down, which would surely happen more than once to an 80 year old car. Once restored and garage-kept as show pieces, they are gorgeous though. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/6/2 17:39
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
weather the car needs a top or not,its still a good buy if thats all it brings, tops are cheap for that car ,i just bought one for a 41 coupe conv, it does need upholstered
still cheap car, even redoing some of the car u will still come in under 25k, still a cheap car especially with all the spare parts that come with it,

Regards, joe

Posted on: 2020/6/3 0:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
It sold for $27,500.

Steve

Posted on: 2020/6/5 18:59
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
that was good money out of that car, owner will still come in ok on it, im glad u post cars up for auction and parts,
i appreciate that, or i wouldnt find them ,
Thanks, joe

Posted on: 2020/6/5 23:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I have a problem with that color. It looks like they bought the paint from the local hardware store. That thing needs another $27,500 in touch up.

Posted on: 2020/6/6 6:22
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved