Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 146

humanpotatohybrid, tuskman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Water Wetter cooling system enhancer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I did some research into those Water Wetter ingredients, and found that one acts as a lubricant, one acts as a surfactant, and one acts as a corrosion inhibitor.

So if the surfactant is calming down some of the hot spots in those weathered cylinder blocks that is a good thing.

I assume the main ingredient in that block sealant is sodium meta-silicate.

In diesel trucks block erosion is a major problem and additives are sold and recommended by the manufacturers.

Water boiling off in an otherwise normal running engine indicates a hot spot, so if the Water Wetter is reducing the need to add water that is a good thing.

Posted on: 2020/6/17 16:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
It states that it contains Sodium Silicate ( liquid Glass). Use with ALL types of antifreeze (their CAPS not mine). Pour directly into radiator, no draining required. It is not inexpensive either at around $A75 for a 680g bottle. Yes, I am lazy in not pulling the head off on the P11 but...that head will come off very reluctantly and I am happy for it to be a good driver. One can purchase a lot of snake oil for $A38,000 (not including freight and duty). I am not endorsing Water Wetter or Rislone for anyone other than myself. Just sharing info. Peter T

Posted on: 2020/6/18 0:34
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The only thing I wonder about Rislone is the oil product still what it was before the company got thrown around by the MBA's in Connecticut? People used to make all kinds of claims about that stuff. I only know that it was recommended by the Packard company. However, MBA's don't care about engineering and R&D, only about milking corporate equity in the form of non-performance related compensation and bonuses.

I did put Water Wetter into a system and the rate of expansion went down. There appears nothing in the product that is harmful. But that begs the question of why it isn't in coolants to begin with.

I wonder how many PII Rolls are around for sale at crazy prices with block sealer in them? If all a car does is go to Rabble Beach and have the Keno brothers sling their crapola about it who cares?

I knew someone who traded his original 33 Cadillac V-16 convertible sedan for a nice PII limousine plus cash. I wonder if it had block sealer in it?

Posted on: 2020/6/18 17:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
In my opinion it would be very difficult to detect if it has been used in a system. it is reddish in the bottle but completely clear in the radiator. I have almost purchased but declined on purchase of vehicles with a reddish scum in the overflow bottle ( 6.9 Benz and XJ 12 jag), indicating a popular head sealant. I would rather have the V16 Caddy than most P11's but they are a well put together MotorCar.

Attach file:

jpg  (121.01 KB)
154_5eec304054c8b.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2020/6/18 22:25
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The Caddy 16 was a nice preservation case, it ran enough for local use, but the wood was pretty rough. Not what you would see in a Packard, but that Caddy was impressive. And complete. I don't know how much cash he got, but I heard he made quite a draw out of the buyer. I don't what happened to the car. The Rolls was very nice and it ran for years without any trouble. I knew somebody else who had PII Sedanca DeVille by H.J. Mulliner that really showed why the Rolls-Royce was very much a kept car. It would roll along at an indicated 65 mph without any complaint. Unfortunately it was turned over to a guy named Lars Longrin - a one time Hibernia employee I think - who dismantled the car behind the owner's back to point of complete disaster. When I saw it it looked hopeless. All of that fine Rolls-Royce build quality was thrown into the back seat and god knows how many parts were missing. Even if it somehow came back together it would never be what it was.

Posted on: 2020/6/19 17:46
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved