Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
That's a sweet looking ride, Chris. So pure and cared for.

Posted on: 2020/6/12 17:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Thank you Dave, John & Joe. Coming from you gents, those nods are truly appreciated. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/6/12 23:24
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
Somehow the first section of this thread got disconnected from the later postings by rblum, Ross, and Ernie. I'll resume posting on the original thread.

Let me also congratulate Chris on his '39.

Many hours after Ernie the '54 Cavalier stuck its nose out of the garage and toured eastern Scottsdale in search of the equestrians, but alas I couldn't find any. Even the large facility that I pointed out a few weeks ago was completely empty. I guess Ernie scared all of the wild life away. . At mid-day it was getting quite warm, so I cut the trip a little short.

For those that have seen the Arizona wild fires on the evening news, the largest 'Bush' fire was supposedly started by a vehicle fire at the intersection of State Route 87 and the Bush Highway (hence the name). That would be about 9 miles from the town of Fountain Hills. That resulted in SR 87 being shut-down from that intersection all the way to Payson, some 50 miles. Closure of SR 87 leaves the folks in Payson three choices, 150 mile trip through Camp Verde, 225 miles through Globe, or stay home until the road opens. Or make a full day of it and drive to Winslow to stand on the corner.

The YouTube video portion of my posting of 6/6 will give some idea of the terrain in that area of the state . . . I got off SR 87 at the Bush Highway . . . few roads, but lots of helicopters and bombers recently. I saw a Sikorsky Skycrane S-64 (likely Erickson Air Crane) a few days ago, flying towards Mesa, perhaps returning home. The only good news is the close proximity of dams and lakes on the Salt River, which would be the Eastern boundary of the fire zone. Perhaps as close as 20 miles between 'suck-up' and release for the helicopters. The 'bombers' frequently will 'home base' at the Mesa AeroDrome, home of the local chapter of the Commemorative Air Force. An excellent place to get a good drink of red Coolaid, and jet fuel, which the helicopters will also need every few missions. Last Sunday, when the fire was much closer to home, the smoke cloud dominated the horizon and the odor of 'fire' was quite strong. Lucky for us, but bad luck for others, the wind was blowing the other way!

dp

Posted on: 2020/6/21 17:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The smokey haze from the Arizona fires arrived in our area late last week. It was heavy for a couple of days and has been getting better as time goes on. Early on the visibility was but 5 miles. One morning I looked out towards our Sangre de Cristo mountains and could not see them, and the sun was a big orange glow in the sky. It must have been worse closer to the fires.

Posted on: 2020/6/22 13:00
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Miss Prudence and I took our normal early Sunday Morning ride and did not see any horses or coyotes...The old girl just ran along delightfully...We did see a good number of girls/ladies walking along in very short summertime shorts with eighty to 100 pound four legged security systems walking along side...Remarkable views for 5:45 in the morning...some looked even more remarkable than our Packards. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/6/28 11:07
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
David,
THIS is the original thread Ernie started on 3/5. rblum started a new thread with the same name on 5/16, but it has only three posts.

Posted on: 2020/6/28 17:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
Thanks Joe

I saw that 3 item thread and thought it was disconnected from the original by 'little green men' inside the software. It never crossed my mind that a 'new' thread could be started with the same topic name as an active item . . . but I guess it can.

Thanks again

dp

Posted on: 2020/6/28 18:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
perhaps Big Kev can combine them? How about it Kev?

Posted on: 2020/6/28 18:55
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Hi Guys

Here's a short clip of my 1956 Clipper Deluxe heading for home after a lengthy run about a week ago. Very amateurish compared to some of the footage previously posted, but these runs lose nothing in enjoyment. Guess who's trying to hold the phone while turning the corner? And no power steering.

This is an original right hand drive car delivered new in Australia. Here's the link to the YouTube cliphttps://youtu.be/Ct5pyk8BVMA .

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2020/7/1 5:20
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Goops. Sorry that didn't work! Try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct5pyk8BVMA

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2020/7/1 5:26
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved