Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The big Nash is a '49 Ambassador Custom with its original paint and interior. The styling may be an acquired taste but the more one examines the car the method to the madness becomes apparent. Nash had a unique approach to every engineering question from structure to throttle linkage. If you ever have a chance to drive one do it. Very pleasant on the road and the Ambassador engine with its 7 mains and broad torque curve is a delight.

Posted on: 2020/7/12 6:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Took Miss Prudence out for her weekly summer time run at 5:30 this morning...back by 6:00...Very quiet morning...no horses...no coyotes...few people walking...one chubby chick...walking along slowly...smoking... wearing a white outfit that looked like it was ordered from Omar the Tent Maker...one other lady leaning on her mail box with a cup of coffee...she sort of raised the cup as we went by...Miss Prudence gave a short honk...and we headed back to the barn. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/7/19 11:19
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
For those of you who do not know much about 1949 Nash Ambassadors, a few pics so you know what Ross is driving through the countryside. As I recall, it is a two door with the rear seat option. Ross, feel free to correct me..
https://www.google.com/search?q=1949+nash+ambassador+super&sxsrf=ALeKk01dmbEfm4u3rBulNu7zIioOIT3uEA:1595272664448&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=2mfK6zXHFsQyjM%252C-ZkdVucTtZ23QM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRyjxiRNGO7erGPf4SBGMOeuAKaAw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwims-_jxdzqAhUhlXIEHa4DB10Q9QEwCXoECAgQJw&biw=1396&bih=613#imgrc=2mfK6zXHFsQyjM

Attach file:

jpg  (27.11 KB)
74962_5f15eaf55edff.jpg 400X294 px

jpg  (9.23 KB)
74962_5f15eb1324e94.jpg 275X183 px

Posted on: 2020/7/20 14:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
No, the pic is not of Ross's car. I just got it from the internet.
The Uniscope is my favorite in the all years of the Nashs.
It matches the space age design of the car.

Posted on: 2020/7/20 14:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As a teenager, I was once given a Nash like that if I wanted it but it was VERY rough to say the least so I declined. If restorable at all, only just barely so but those armchair-like slightly angled seats always fascinated me.

Posted on: 2020/7/21 13:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Quote:
but those armchair-like slightly angled seats always fascinated me.
Maybe so, Don, but they certainly wouldn't have been very conducive to score-fog!! Chris

Posted on: 2020/7/26 20:16
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Gotta love that Uni-scope....

Posted on: 2020/7/27 8:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Don

You're note brings up lots of memories!

My father's first car was a 1937 Nash (Lasalle). We shared many family trips in that thing, but never got to our destination without some mechanical drama.

After he died, I set out in a fit of nostalgia to find/restore one the same. Not easy, but I found one languishing in a shed in New Zealand. Even I could see it was beyond redemption. And of course if you wanted to restore and use a car from that period, you would not start with one of those.

You'd start with a Packard. But of course I'm preaching to the converted here.

My first Packard was a lovely 1941 120 Club Coupe, which came shortly after the above diversion. It was well built and a joy to drive.

And now I have my 1956 RHD Ultramatic Clipper Deluxe, which gets a lot of use and even my wife might drive.

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2020/7/27 17:49
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Sunday Morning...I took Miss Prudence (or rather she took me) for our normal Sunday Morning ride between 5:30 and 6:15 this morning...Outside Temperature about 92 degrees. The streets were quiet, almost no motor traffic, however a fair amount of bicycle traffic and a number of folks walking their dogs...from great big ones to little ones even smaller than a cat! Several people waved at us and Miss Prudence honked back. The air was clear and the light would have been a delight for a photographer. Miss Prudence ran well...not over 175 degrees...however we did not hit any long lights or any hills...she needs to run every week in this hot, moist summer weather, but she does not need any excessive stress. Come to think of it, I don't either. All in all, the old girl just trundled along...no bother on her at all...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/8/23 14:09
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Took a packard hot rod ride with my daughter yesterday! Thanks Ross!

Attach file:

jpeg  (386.22 KB)
2964_5f42e78c53549.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/8/23 17:02
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved