Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 25 »

Re: Wes's Maroon 1947 Custom Super Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Last piece to remove before the cleaning starts. The Directional Signal Switch, just four nuts and washers and out it comes. Screws slide in and out so have to be careful not to loose. While I have it out cleaning it, I'm planing on replacing the wires, they should be Green with Black Trace, Yellow and Black.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (189.29 KB)
1003_5f1f3c304b98e.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/27 15:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Just one last picture of the inside of the collar with the switch removed. Hope I'm not boring you with so much detail but it will make it easier for me when I put it back together.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (211.07 KB)
1003_5f1f69c2ebe97.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/27 18:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It's amazing how little changed between your 1947 and my 1954 so not boring at all! It will help me too as I took mine apart in a rush so now have to find (or get from the parts car) the little plug that disappeared.

Posted on: 2020/7/27 19:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Wish my 46 Clipper had turn signals built into the steering column....

Posted on: 2020/7/27 21:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
ptv, what does your column look like? I wouldn't think they would make a different column for not having Turn Signals. Plus it would mean a different Steering Wheel. I'm just wondering.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/7/28 21:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I'll have to look again, but I know there is no hole in the side for a lever to come out.......

Posted on: 2020/7/29 8:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Not sure what is going on, I've tried 3 times now to attach the picture of the steering wheel. but it never shows up and I have to reload the page again....

Attach file:

jpg  (68.45 KB)
80331_5f217d205be92.jpg 600X800 px

Posted on: 2020/7/29 8:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A shaft for the lever comes out a hole on the bottom and lever bolts on to the switch shaft. Wires go thru another hole and down the shroud to end a few inches past the edge of dash. Also take a good close look at the speedo face to see if there are small arrow cutouts between 3 < 4 and 7 > 8. The steering wheel hub should be drilled for the cancel pins and those can be done with roll pins.

You could actually do without the arrows and mount the indicator lights somewhere else If you have the holes in the column for the switch. It would then just be a matter of making a loom and buying the switch and flasher. Parking lights should already be wired but new tail light housings for the second bulb and getting the wires to the trunk might need to get creative if the headliner is still in place.

Posted on: 2020/7/29 8:52
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Howards right, look at the backside and if the holes are there then you could install a Directional Signal Switch. The bigger problem would be the lights. The front you would have to change the socket from one pole to two pole and the rear lights would need a different housing to add the signal light. I would wonder if your wiring harness has the wires for the turn signal lights, if not you could always follow the wire diagram for the Backup Light.
Wes

Attach file:

jpg  (236.05 KB)
1003_5f21e035ac575.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/7/29 15:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Wouldn't you use the rear brake lights as the turn signals,
same as you would for an add on switch?

Posted on: 2020/7/29 15:59
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved