Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Carpet
Home away from home
Home away from home

sanddoc
See User information
Does anyone know what material was used in the
55\56 carpet, what style it was, IE: loop, cut etc?
Thanks

Posted on: 2020/8/6 6:49
 Top  Print 

Re: Carpet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure of the material other than I believe it was nylon but there are scans of original sample cards showing pattern and colors in the photo archive.http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=102

I don't know if he still has any but Neal Porter reproduced the original senior pattern and colors a few years back.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.63 KB)
209_5f2c04ef4d23d.jpg 773X118 px

Posted on: 2020/8/6 7:49
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

sanddoc
See User information
thanks
Just did not think about the archives...
Best

Posted on: 2020/8/7 8:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
!955 carpet is different than the 1956 carpet for the Caribbean, Patricians and 400's. The 1956 is a cut pile and the 1955 is a loop. The advertised carpet is absolutely correct for the 1956 seniors. It is not correct for 1955 seniors. It is a great reproduction for 56 owners.

Posted on: 2020/8/7 16:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Here is the 1956 carpet after it was installed in my car.

Attach file:

jpeg  (195.47 KB)
6_5f2ed0d3d46cc.jpeg 1080X1920 px

Posted on: 2020/8/8 11:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

sanddoc
See User information
Hi
It looks great, I also looks like a 1 piece
except for those seems. Why are they there.
You used the "cut pile" did you buy a kit
or had them made locally?
which type of material did you use Nylon, 80/20 etc:?
Best
Dave

Posted on: 2020/8/8 11:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Originally Packard left an uncarpeted area under the seat. They had a front carpet and a rear carpet. The two seams you see in the photo are absolutely correct because that is where the front a rear carpets met. The first seam is 14 inches back from the door opening and the second seam is 26 inches back. I did not want to leave an uncarpeted area under the seat but I maintained the original seams. The carpet is advertised in the Cormorant news bulletin by Neal Porter. Very high quality carpet. My upholstery shop sewed it into place.

Posted on: 2020/8/9 8:21
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

56PKRDGUY
See User information
Yes the carpet I purchased is factory correct from Neil
Porter and has no carpet under the front seat. Neil did a great job on mine and it was easy to install.

Attach file:

jpg  (136.15 KB)
198964_5f344e824ee4a.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2020/8/12 15:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I think all of us have had a milk crate in our Packards during restorations. My wife sat on a crate and started the car for her first time.

Posted on: 2020/8/12 18:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
A milk carton crate sounds a lot better than the 5 gallon bucket I used as a teenager. I was working on the interior of my newly purchased '49 Chevy and had the front seat out. I needed to move the car all the way into the garage. Grabbed a bucket to sit on. The bucket placed me higher than normal. As I let the clutch out I loss my balance as the bucket tipped backwards along with me. The car lurched forward and only by the grace of God I was able to grab the emergency brake handle. The car stopped inches from the back wall.

At the time I knew if I had gone through the wall my dad would have killed me. In retrospect, he would have killed and I'm sure that he and mom would have had a good laugh as they watch me repair the mess.

Posted on: 2020/8/14 21:38
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved