Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 152

humanpotatohybrid, Jim in Boone, Ross, John Iaccino, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 39 »

Re: A Tale of Two Patricians
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Just took mine apart and the Selector Rod Assembly did come out the top of the housing after removing the plug at the top of the housing. I did use a screw driver to push the Rod up far enough until I could grab the end of the Rod.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/7/25 22:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The Bendix Treadle-vac is about ready to reinstall once I finish working on the steering column and get it reinstalled. However, none of the rebuild kits included this seal and, as I had no part number for it, I had to make the blueprint from what was left of mine and had several made as I have more Treadle-vacs to rebuild. This seal goes on the end of the power vacuum piston and apparently dampers and seals the shaft when not being depressed although I have no idea what the notches in the outer diameter are for as they do not coincide with any shape or feature in the unit. If anyone needs this piece, I can make more.

Attach file:

jpeg  (145.29 KB)
60923_5f383a5fb65f5.jpeg 2048X1536 px

jpeg  (87.31 KB)
60923_5f383a713a56c.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/8/15 14:43
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Does anyone have a direct email for Then and Now Automotive? Their contact form is broken and messages to the site's creator have gone unanswered and I need to reach them.

Posted on: 2020/10/28 17:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
On their contact page there are a bunch of phone numbers:

781-335-8860 / 781-335-1579

Plus the site creator phone number:

Brendan Lotterhan
781-985-4281

Posted on: 2020/10/28 18:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you but being virtually deaf I need the email.

Posted on: 2020/10/28 18:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
If all goes according to plan and my COVID test is negative again, I'll be back at the shop late on the 1st of March for two weeks. This will be the first direct flight from San Jose, CA to Redmond/Bend, OR but with only one flight each day, there are no choices for times and it gets in late and leaves very early when I would have preferred the other way around.

So these two weeks will be very rushed as the goal is to get the left (west) quarter of the shop cleared out so that spray insulation can be added and that means that I must get the Patrician driveable under it's own power by:

Reinstalling the master brake booster
Reinstalling the steering column after freeing up the shifter
Finish rebuilding the fuel pump
Add some fuel and start it up!

Sounds easy enough but then there is the work of moving the non-rolling parts car, a 5-main 327 with Ultramatic that is stored in front of it, moving a work bench that is attached to the wall and several heavy and tall storage shelves and two motorcycles, not to mentioned a tractor and much else. Other than the driving Patrician, all of these things will need a place to remain for a while as it won't be until my next visit that the insulation is done but then I have to repeat the process three more times for the remainder of the shop's insulation, one quarter at a time.

Posted on: 2021/2/9 17:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
No problem Don, I can store the 327 with Ultramatic for you....

Posted on: 2021/2/9 17:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dads 56
See User information
And I’ll take the brake booster🤣🤣

Posted on: 2021/2/9 18:08
1956 Packard Executive 2 door hard top (5677A)
1956 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan (5622)(parts car)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The engine is actually for sale on my Packard / IMPERIAL page linked below (as are several others) and I have another booster core to rebuild waiting for me when I have time!

Posted on: 2021/2/9 19:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’m planning on adding factory or rather a factory-style A/C (modern inside but original-looking outside) but I cannot locate the details I need. I have the wiring diagram but is there an electrical layout showing what connects where and an operation manual to show what each of the dash and trunk controls does?

Posted on: 2021/2/12 16:06
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 39 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved