Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1937 120-c convertible front bow
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

DJP-37-120
See User information
If that added wooden strip wasn't there I would have a slightly larger gap, doesn't seem as big as yours however with that added strip it does cover the gap. Does your bow have nail holes in it from that strip? Mine looks like this was original but who knows, could have had a new top installed in the 50'S and could have been added, but if it was added they did an excellent job because it was a perfect fit? I can agree with the other comments on the flexing and warping of the bow over time with a tight fitting top? Also sorry for the confusion the metal bow I'm referring to is the one forward of the rear wood bow as seen in the attached photo's, it looks to me like there is a specialty bolt needed to attach this bow?
Thanks
Dave

Attach file:

jpg  (446.83 KB)
85430_5f3fb9f1bbdcb.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (365.06 KB)
85430_5f3fba08e9a46.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/8/21 7:14
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 120-c convertible front bow
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Dave yes that lower pivot takes a shoulder bolt.

Posted on: 2020/8/21 11:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved