Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
A week or so ago I took the '39 on a day trip to the New Hampshire White Mountains. The distance covered was just under 200 miles.
At a overlook rest area in North Conway I was talking to a gentleman (another geezer like me) and after the usual old car back and forth I found he had been acquainted with the previous owner. Small world.
From North Conway the route is uphill to Gorham and lunch at J's Corner Restaurant and Lounge. I recommend the clam chowder.
A few miles east of Gorham on Rt.2 I took the Evans Notch road back into the White Mountain National Forest. The road weaves in and out of Maine And New Hampshire and is about a lane and a half wide which makes oncoming traffic interesting.
From there country roads to Fryeburg ME. and back into southern Maine.
The only other prewar car I spotted was a ~39 Mercury as I was leaving the Evans Notch road.
The Super Eight has been delivering 14 to 16 MPG all summer since I installed the EE23 carb I rebuilt winter before last. I have to confess to being a fan of the BW overdrive.
Jim

Posted on: 2020/8/27 8:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Jim, off topic but your trip reminded me of several annual canoe trips I made on the Saco River between N. Conway and Fryeburg. We overnighted at Kezar Pond, great memories! Seemed like Kezar was the middle of nowhere back then (mid-1960s) but that stretch of the Saco was very popular with canoeists.

Posted on: 2020/8/27 8:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
In Maryland on a gorgeous day. Sunny, 70s, no humidity!
Decided to drive into DC.

http://www.mktx.com/packard/washdc.mov

Remember to Vote.

Posted on: 2020/9/13 20:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Outstanding!!! Thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2020/9/14 7:15
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Joe, thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2020/9/15 15:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi All,

As this season draws to a close and those of us 'up north' think about putting our cars away for the winter, there's always time for 'just one more' jaunt in the country. Here in BC, the fall colours are spectacular. Honestly, pictures don't do them justice. This weekend is also Canadian Thanksgiving and time to reflect on the past year and all we have to BE thankful for. It's also probably a good time to salute all the folks out there in Packardom and say Thank You for all the help and advice, and also the camaraderie shared throughout the year; P.I. has many fine folks in their membership numbers and it is a distinct pleasure getting to know the frequent contributors and friendly writers. Appreciate you all. Chris.
N.B. I don't know how to 'fix' the photo; if anybody does and would - I'd much apprec. Chris.

Attach file:

jpg  (140.75 KB)
121627_5f82664479b0b.jpg 600X900 px

Posted on: 2020/10/10 18:22
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Packard newbie wrote:......N.B. I don't know how to 'fix' the photo; if anybody does and would - I'd much apprec. Chris.

Fixed!

EDIT - Chris, you ought to post this pic over on the AACA Forums in the "Show me your Foliage!" thread

Attach file:

jpg  (418.91 KB)
226_5f824c9a57391.jpg 1154X1731 px

Posted on: 2020/10/10 19:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Chris,
See you posted on the "Show me your Foliage" thread on the AACA Forums.

Posted on: 2020/10/10 23:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Mal,

Many thanks for fixing up my picture for me! I DID take your suggestion and posted it on the AACA site. Really appreciate your help. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/10/11 0:05
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...It seems that this Covid 19 that we are all experiencing has some interesting side effects.

MISS PRUDENCE GAINS A PASSENGER!

Dolores rarely has ridden in Miss Prudence in the eight and one half years that she has been with us. However, for the last two Sunday Mornings, Dolores has been up and dressed and ready to go at day break...she has climbed into Miss Prudence and been ready to go for a ride...since she has stayed home almost all the time since March, it is nice to have her out with me.

A few things have changed in our area since March, and she has just seen them...so for me...as bad as Covid 19 is, it has had an unexpected bonus...Dolores is making friends with Miss Prudence...who would have thought? A surprise after 49.6 years together! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/10/25 11:44
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved