Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Back-Up Lights on 50 Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As I understand it (and perhaps this is a bit overly simplistic with my limited knowledge of that era of Packard) your car isn't exactly a 1949 renumbered as a 1950 but rather that Packard went by series with the 23rd lasting a year and a half. It was due to federal law that they had to have a model year so those after a certain date were numbered as, and called, 1950 models. Since they had not been numbered as 1949, they couldn't have been REnumbered!

Posted on: 2020/9/20 2:29
 Top  Print 

Re: Back-Up Lights on 50 Deluxe
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Don, the only difference between a 1949 23rd series and a 1950 23rd series is the data plate. The 1950 data plate has a '-5-' between the model and serial numbers. I have the build sheet for the car and it shows it was originally numbered as a 1949. The Briggs body tag also shows a serial number that is consistent with the build sheet. The factory stamped data plate shows a very much higher serial number and the '-5-'. It is definitely a factory renumbered 1949 model.

Packard renumbered many unsold 23rd series 1949 models as 1950 models. The late author, Robert J. Neal, agreed that my car was a renumbered model.

Posted on: 2020/9/20 9:45
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved