Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 74

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Electric engines give classic cars a recharge
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Somehow I don't think it will have the unique sound you get with an inline 6 and a set of Fentons and dual exhaust...

Posted on: 2020/11/13 21:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
ptv, good point. I have often thought there could be a market for an after market sound maker to mimic the sound of a gasoline engine. Sound would vary with engine speed. Take your pick of sound: Ferrari, Mustang, Jag, etc. Plus, it would add a safety factor as the electric motor vehicles are very quiet and pedestrians are not always when one is approaching.

Posted on: 2020/11/14 13:23
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I'm guessing this car can not be brought back to original without major $$.
Maybe this one would be candidate for electrocution, or defibrillator?

EBay Link

Attach file:

jpeg  (449.42 KB)
1220_5fb038471d4d5.jpeg 1200X1600 px

Posted on: 2020/11/14 15:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
I would go hydrogen .. My dad always talked about a single cell for his 12.

Pack Don. I brought up motor v engine few years ago.

Even wrote Leno about it. He caught himself sometimes. Now he will still refers to an engine as a motor.

This ev is b.s. for low income. Look at the cost of batteries...

Then what pay hazard fee to get rid of them .
The big push for solar. You only get 20 percent use out of them.. And that's high end panels..

Environmentalists. Have just f.d up this country.

Lacquer.. It evaporates.. It's gone.. It's not in the atmosphere.. The smell is not. Hazardous. Off gazing . it's evaporating..

Posted on: 2020/11/15 11:15
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I'm with you Riki....

An article I was reading ask how CA was going to recharge all these electric cars when it can't keep the lights and ac on as it is?

Posted on: 2020/11/15 11:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Rich49
See User information
On the bright side, when your classic car catches fire it won't be from a fuel leak.

Posted on: 2023/7/24 8:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
I regularly drive a 100 year old car. It's been completely reliable, even though I often drive it 50 miles or more at a stretch, and often at higher speeds than it was designed to operate at. It's an old cheap Ford. It's lots of fun to drive. I have a choice of several ways to start it, and, often as not, all that's needed to start it is to simply trun the key to "BAT", and the engine starts instantly.

Battery dead? No problem. Turn the key to "MAG" and give the crank a yank and off you go.

BTW, a Triumph can be made to run reliabley.

PS: Almost anytime an electric car is being charged, the power is coming from a combustion process. All primary poower sources have an environmental cost; often a very high and on-going cost.

A lot of power is wasted on its way from the primary source to the electric car or other point of use.

I could probably run a small electric car exclusively on power from my wind power plant ... most of the time. No wind today, so no power. A LARGE battery bank would help with that, at great expense.

My outfit will make 20 KW + on a breezy day. Average output is substantially lower. Average output, less losses in conversion and reconversion and in the devices being powered, take a huge bite out of total power produced. A battery bank and related equipment would add more losses.

This plant is "grid-tied" and has no storage capacity. No wind, no power.
If the grid fails, the plant shuts down instantly and remains down until the grid power is restored.

Cost? Don't ask. I will tell you this: "Free power", from any source derived, is BRUTALLY EXPENSIVE.

Shifting costs and shifting negative impacts does not eliminate them, and it usually magnifies them.

Posted on: 2023/7/24 9:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved