Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 120

Daniel Leininger, Ross, DJP-37-120, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Delorean Motor Company
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
My favorite option on the DeLorean was the Flux Capacitor. Unfortunately it needed 1.21 gigawatts to operate, which made it extremely limited for every day use.

Posted on: 2009/9/30 17:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
Quote:

Joe, thanks for taking time to address my question. I understand Marquette's place in auto history, but had never heard of Ewing. But regardless the statement makes no sense to me in the context of Packard in the time frame being discussed

well, i tried to answer your question but i guess i didn't do a good job ---- in my first post i quoted that from Wikipedia --- in 1909 Ewing was aquired by General Motors and i think the reference was to a car company that tried to make a nice car but didn't make it ----- as to the exact meaning,time frame, reference, context regarding Packard and whatever else i have no idea ---- sorry the statement makes no sense to you but i guess that will give you something to research ---- but regardless this was a post about DeLorean who worked at Packard as we could spend the rest of our lives discussing things you and I have never heard about and the nuances of Wikipedia

Posted on: 2009/9/30 18:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
Quote:

My favorite option on the DeLorean was the Flux Capacitor. Unfortunately it needed 1.21 gigawatts to operate, which made it extremely limited for every day use.

This option is also very expensive and with an analog
speedo you can't even tell if you're at 88mph LOL
---- it only goes to 85 ----
LOL

Attach file:

jpg  (79.22 KB)
1757_4ac3edcfae861.jpg 758X551 px

Posted on: 2009/9/30 18:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Quote:
after four years at Packard he became McFarland's successor as head of research and development

OK--here is what really happened. A good friend of mine was a young engineer who started his career at Packard, about the time John DeLorean started at Packard. When Forest McFarland left for Ford in 1956 the company was in serious disarray, management was so busy running around "putting fires out" that the fact that McFarland had left his position almost went unnoticed. DeLorean picked up all of his stuff from his drafting board in the engineering room and moved into McFarland's office, thus crowning himself "in charge of advanced engineering". No one in management had the time of day to notice or question what DeLorean was doing in that office or what his job title was. This went on until the collapse of the company and DeLorean's departure for General Motors.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 8:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Douglas
See User information
Now that's some cool insider info --- I can just imagine DeLorean telling everyone that he was named so by McFarland LOL, that's what I would do LOL

Posted on: 2009/10/2 12:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I just got done reading that DMC might try buying GM's Wilmington Plant that produced the Pontiac Solstice. DMC is considering starting up production of the Solstice and introducing it as the new Delorean.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/10/7 20:01
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
Funny you posted this..I was just talking to my dad about the dealership close to my home in Bonita Springs, FL. I have never been inside but it looks like a good weekend time killer.

Posted on: 2009/10/7 22:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved