Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 »

Sitting lop sided
Just popping in
Just popping in

hoppercarmaker
See User information
1956 Clipper super. Sometimes it sits low on pass side,sometimes it's level.If it's low and we drive it when we get home it's level. we can bounce it up and down and it stays crooked, but drive it and it levels up. I just don't know (LOL)

Posted on: 2009/11/2 17:47

Re: Sitting lop sided
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Grease the suspension, every point. Then drive it some. Then grease it some more. Then drive it some more. Then grease it again. Do all this within 1000 miles and the suspension should stop sticking. There's quite a few lube points on a T/L Packard, (and I'm assuming this IS a T/L Packard, by the description you gave) so make sure you get them all, every time. I've found that going down a rough road with a lot of good sized bumps will get things moving good enough to get the grease worked in. Don't be stupid and hit the rail road tracks at 60+, just do it a little faster than you normally would, and you'll be fine. IE, if you normally go over the tracks at 20 mph, go closer to 30, etc.

Posted on: 2009/11/2 18:00

Just popping in
Just popping in

hoppercarmaker
See User information
(Don't be stupid and hit the rail road tracks at 60+)
People come here for help, why be such a jackass?

Posted on: 2009/11/4 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I wasn't being a jackass, some people don't realize the difference from a little faster to all out. If you don't want any help then go somewhere else, I was only trying to help you. If you have a problem with me helping you, I'm sure that there's other people on here and other sites that would be glad to help you fix your car for free.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Hoppercarmaker: I own a 1953 Packard so I can't give you any sound advice on your problem. How every go through and search this site for the Packard STB"s 48 through 56 and look through the 555 & 56 STB's maybe you find some information there.

You might be having some type of trouble with the leveling motor or maybe the torsion bars need ajusting. I am sure one of our 55 & 56 experts can help you.

Just stick around.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/11/4 22:15
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
ERIC: You have a PM from me

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/11/4 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
John, I read your pm, it might be a good idea to lay off the booze when you turn on your computer, it will look better for you.

NOW, I was NOT calling the OP stupid, I MEAN THAT SOME PEOPLE TAKE THE IDEA OF "A LITTLE FASTER" TO MEAN FLOORING THE THROTTLE! Are people REALLY this dense to not be able to understand this? I'm not trying to be a jackass, or be mean to anyone. I'm just stating the fact that people sometimes take things to the extreme when taking advice.

NOW I'm being a jackass, because I'm tired of trying to help people on here just be bashed about it later. As far as I'm concerned, I'm tired of answering the same damn questions over and over again because NO ONE ELSE seems to want to help anyone!

So, GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND CONTRIBUTE INSTEAD OF BITCHING AT ME FOR HELPING PEOPLE!

John, I used to like you, but after your PM, you can F-off.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 22:52

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Easy now boys. Lets take it out of forum.

For the record, I didn't find Eric's response to the original question mean spirited in any way. I read it just as Eric as meant it. Some folks tend to misread things in a forum and email. Amazing what happens with there in no inflection accompanying the words, different people can interpret it different ways.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 23:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I think that Eric's advice was sage and very effective, as it will no doubt fix the problem and NOT hurt the chassis.

If Eric declines to answer poster's questions because a few other wrong-headed posters criticize, then I say "join the club" because I've had the same experience. It's those other posters who need to keep their fingers off their keyboard and in particular don't click the SUBMIT button on a topic about which they know little or nothing and can only type something negative.

Posted on: 2009/11/5 12:44
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Eric: in the past I recall you telling persons what you think in very blunt terms.

The fellow let you know this time in a blunt term that he didn't like your use of the word stupid. I don't think that he rejected your advice. However you became angry at him because he was blunt and to the point, the same as you have been many times in the past. There is an old saying what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just because you thought he might have rejected your advice
gives you no right to tell a new member or for that fact and older member of this forum to go other places for information because you got your shorts in a twist over what he said.

I guess you should have given him the same warning about going over a bumpy roads as you did about train tracks.

I have said my 2 cents to you in public and private.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/11/5 19:28

(1) 2 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved