Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Photo Archive
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Now over 5,600 Packard related photos in the Archive. It's really growing folks! Thanks for everyones continued support!

Posted on: 2009/11/25 4:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Photo Archive
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev, a great resource. I see you've been doing your part in this very recently. There are a number who regularly add pic's and two of the more prolific are 423reed and clovers.
guys.
And too, to everyone who has contributed.

Posted on: 2009/11/25 4:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Looking at the Photo Archive, part of my post Christmas Packard therapy, I see that the only heading without a photo gracing it is 1915. Surely someone has a pic of a 1915 Packard in order to plug this ommission?

Posted on: 2009/12/25 18:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,
Once again you've come up with the goods, this time by posting a 1915 Packard photo!
1915 Packard 3-38

Posted on: 2010/1/22 0:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote: Good wine takes time. It is a Packard of the 3rd series.
Gerd,

Pic of the black and burgundy Packard is of "Pre-Series" 1919 Twin-Six. Believe the 3rd Series was introduced in 1927. Concerning using that pic to identify the one shown as a 1915, I believe there are too many different features to make it a good match. Below are a couple of pic's from the 1916 Packard Photo Archive, and although these too exhibit different features, they are much closer in detail to the '15 of the Czar. I note too that the Czar's car has a "contract body by Fisher" but the cowl shape is much closer to that of the '16's rather than the '19. The front fender shape of the '16's appears identical to that of the '15 and the hood height looks to be the same. So based on the '16 pictorial "evidence", it does look like it could well be a '15.

One further thought Gerd, did you post a pic of this car previously in another thread? There was some discussion a fair while ago about Packards fitted with tracks for use in snow conditions, not the more recent one of vehicles with cylindrical screws, if I remember correctly. The memory ain't what it used to be!

Attach file:

jpg  (48.20 KB)
226_4b5a95d99a2e7.jpg 697X551 px

jpg  (119.16 KB)
226_4b5a95eb2bcfd.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2010/1/23 1:28
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
With my focus on one image I almost missed the bigger picture(pun intended) with the Photo Archive now containing 8615 pic's! Oops, only minutes later it's now 8815! Kev's very, very busy!

EDIT - And because of Kev's industry, the 1915 Archive now has 25 pic's!

Posted on: 2010/1/23 16:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mal,

I see you noticed!

Actually I was going to make an announcement about this after I was done. Which I am now.

I contacted Wayne State University/Making of Modern Michigan about obtaining permission to re-display the Packard photos in their collection here on PackardInfo. They referred me to a contact at the Detroit Public Library, National Automotive History Collection. After a few emails I was able to obtain permission to redisplay the low-res Packard photos that are part of the NAHC collection. These are the same photos from the Making of Modern Michigan website.

Per the Detroit Libraries request, I also added a link to each photo that allows you to order a High-Res original size copy of the original photo from the Library at a nominal fee. If you see a photo you really like, then please order a high-quality version from the Library and show your support and thanks.

From my understanding most of these photos came from Packard's own archives and at some point were donated to the Detroit Public Libraries archive.

I spent most of yesterday organizing the photos to fit into the categories we use here on the website. I probably still need to do a second or third pass thought the collection.

Special thanks to the Detroit Public Library, Wayne State University, and the Making of Modern Michigan for allowing us to redisplay their Packard Photo collection here on the website.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 16:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
After a decade of silence I would like to revitalize the thread for a short moment to raise a question.

Quote:
From my understanding most of these photos came from Packard's own archives and at some point were donated to the Detroit Public Libraries archive.

Latest in the mid 1930s when Kodachrome and Agfacolor came into being, the color photograpy left its niche. But the Packard archives photos are B&W. Does anyone know, if color negatives exist?

image source: wikipedia

Attach file:

jpg  (207.93 KB)
757_5e2c98ac2d877.jpg 1280X924 px

Posted on: 2020/1/25 14:29
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Reason for the above raised question is the attached color photo. I'm anything but sure if this is a real color photo or hand-colored. To me it looks too "clean" to be a true 1935 color photo.

Click to see original Image in a new window

8x10 black and white Packard Co. file photograph of a 1935 Packard being loaded onto a boxcar by male for shipment. Inscribed on photo back; Packard Motor Car Co., first 120 models on loading dock, awaiting transport by special boxcar to Memphis, in doorway 1935 Packard one-twenty, twelfth series, model 120, 8-cylinder, 110-horsepower, 120-inch wheelbase, 5-person sedan (body type #893).

Item # EB01e812

Photo courtesy of the Detroit Public Library, National Automotive History Collection and used with permission.

Attach file:

jpg  (51.59 KB)
757_5e38181e11beb.jpg 600X459 px

Posted on: 2020/2/3 7:54
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved