Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Wheel Cover and Hub Cap Identification Guide
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I think I can provide a high-res straight-on photo of both the '41 180 hub cap and the matching inner wheel cover since they are currently off the car. I'll try and get it sent to BigKev today.

I really like the Chicory/Grove Green combo and it's on my short list for the Limo re-paint.

Posted on: 2010/3/11 11:39
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JD, I'm with you on that color combination, it also looks terrific on the coupes and convertible coupes though obviously not a great choice for the more formal bodies. I've often wondered why it's not selected more often when repainting.

Thanks for saving me trouble of running out to take the pictures. I'm sure yours will be better.

Posted on: 2010/3/11 11:45
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Here's an interesting one, on a restored car and redone in green cloisonne to match the colors of the car. It stirred quite a bit of controversy as to whether the caps could have been originally ordered in cloisonne other than the standard red and as far as I know the controversy is unresolved though the overwhelming majority opinion was no. You could however order cloisonne cap medallions at least in some years with no make or model identification, just plain cloisonne and chrome; these as originals have but rarely been seen and usually on severely formal coachwork bodies.

Attach file:

jpg  (5.77 KB)
177_4b9a49c37f253.jpg 173X130 px

Posted on: 2010/3/12 9:03
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
180 Hub pictures received and the Guide has been updated. Now with larger pictures!

Dave, I believe the Art Wesselman car that won the PI Best of Show had green cloisonn?'s on it also.I suppose until someone can show us something from Packard with those custom colored cloisonn?'s listed as an option or at lease a part number, then I think it would be prudent that we should leave it out of the Guide for now.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 20:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Does anyone have a better picture of this style hub cap? It's off of a 1940 120.
What other years/models does this hub cap apply to?

Also if anyone has any other wheel covers or hub cap, then send over as I want to make another update to the Guide.

Thanks!

Attach file:

jpg  (62.37 KB)
1_4b9e92e6db0f2.jpg 603X915 px

Posted on: 2010/3/15 15:04
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, my '37 Six has a nice set of small wheel covers, and my '47 Clipper Custom has a nice set of cloisonne center covers. I can take some high resolution photos and send them to you, if you are in need.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/3/15 19:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, any pictures you have would be welcomed. Just tying to get as many different variants and styles in the guide for future reference. I have a couple new pictures already, but I want to wait to get a few more before I do another revision.

Posted on: 2010/3/15 20:18
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Guys any ideas on years of usage for the picture above? Was it only used on the 1940 120?

Also fatmike sent me over this picture of a hub cap found at his fathers place. Doesnt look Packard to me, almost has an Eastern European look to it based on the crest. Can anyone ID this?

Attach file:

jpg  (82.91 KB)
1_4ba109ac223cb.jpg 886X853 px

Posted on: 2010/3/17 11:56
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
Thanks kev.

The wheelcover above came from behind my grandfathers barn. At first I assumed it was Packard related because I also found a small cache of chrome whatnots too. It was covered in 40+ years of crud, so I brushed it up with a brillo pad.

Pops was very involved with flatheads back in the day. Running some on dragstrips and even some out at bonneville. Most of these were stripped of all chrome and useless bits. I'll be back out to his place in April and will let yall know if I find anything good.

Posted on: 2010/3/17 12:15
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information

Posted on: 2010/3/17 14:15
-BigKev

Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved