Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 »

Re: ZIS 110
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Gerd, the after image of the carburetor is magnificent. I could sit and stare at a properly restored carburetor for hours, like a fine piece of artwork.

I don't even think a Fabrage Egg is as appealing to a classic car enthusiast.

Attach file:

jpg  (5.37 KB)
169_4c6b67b049afb.jpg 259X194 px

Posted on: 2010/8/17 23:56
 Top  Print 

Re: No title
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Gerd wrote: Every end is also a new beginning.

Thank you for a wonderful time. I wish you all the very best!
Gerd, aka Guscha,

Is this a metamorphosis? By the words "Every end is also a new beginning" I hope so. But with the content of your posts wiped clean I think not. I'm somewhat taken back by your actions as it can tend to make a mockery of the many threads you contributed to.

Here are some words I penned earlier this evening in response to your PM to me yesterday and when I first saw evidence of the deletions in effect. I know your penchant for discretion in matters such as this but, irrespective of that, I don't want to hide my support for you and all you've done for PackardInfo over the last few years.

"That's the trouble as we've seen before. The written word just doesn't have the nuances face to face or audible conversation can convey. Consequently people can get upset with whats written because the inflections of meaning are lost. Doubly so for Gerd, with translation also a big factor. I must admit I'm not sure of some things he posts but because I "know" him make allowances at times. All that said if he's not going to be such a prolific poster the Site will be somewhat poorer. He continually amazes with the images he finds and the linkages he finds/makes between things."

I am reminded of a Shakesperian quote concerning the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Gerd, If it's just a sabbatical fair enough. But if it's more than that we'll truely miss you.

Posted on: 2010/8/30 8:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Gerd leaving???? THis is certainly the saddest day i've had in all of my InterNet experience.

Feel free Gerd to email me or call me anytime. I have a guest house here in the middle tn. area if u ever need a place to stay while touring the US. Your contributions have been both unique and worthy of becomming a US or even World Wide legend of motoring. -Keith

Posted on: 2010/8/30 14:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Bunch of shite if you ask me. G's probably about the nicest person on here.

Edited to remove name reference.....

Posted on: 2010/8/30 15:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Quote:
Gerd's probably about the nicest person on here.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/8/30 15:44
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information
I don't know what has happened, but I'm gonna miss his posts. Gerd, you have made a lot of Packard internetfriends all over the world. If you ever need help with anything, just mail me.

Alles Gute!

Tom
The Netherlands

Posted on: 2010/8/30 16:09
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
It is very sad that Gerd has left and all his posts have been deleted. With him gone this leaves a BIG BIG HOLE in this forum.

I think that I know the main reason that Gerd decided to get out. I would like to have been able to recover a deleted post from last week that was directed at Gerd, that was only up for a few moments, which I read.

I hope Gerd that after some time away from the forum you decide to come back.

Hardtop maybe you and I can possibly keep alive some of what Gerd started

John S

Posted on: 2010/8/30 19:31
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
I am another who will miss Gerd, or Guscha. It is not unusual to get fed up after a while and take a break. Sometimes we think we are through and will never take an interest in a site again but months later, feel refreshed and change our minds.

Wouldn't say a word against him if he hadn't deleted all his posts. That is just spiteful and a blow against the people who like him and enjoy his posts. His enemies will be gratified or indifferent.

Under the circumstances all I can say is, adios amigo. Vaya con Dios.

Posted on: 2010/8/30 21:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I wouldn't say spiteful or anything bad. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's run into some legal issues and may have had to remove all references of him being here, hence my removal of his name from my post.

As for his enemies if, any, well, any enemy of his is one of mine as well, I really respect that man on many levels.

Posted on: 2010/8/30 21:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Well ok now!!! Maybe we all need to know who those enemies are that caused him to leave.

Posted on: 2010/8/30 23:09
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 27 28 29 (30) 31 »

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved