Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Top Gear
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Anyone catch the new Top Gear (US version) on History Channel. Pretty darn good. I was really worried it was going to be a poor imitation of the fantastic British version. But so far so good.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 2:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Top Gear
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I've been watching Top Gear going on 8 or 9 years now, and was expecting quite a lot out of the new show, but to the wife and I it just didn't deliver. The hosts seemed almost robotic at times and seemed uncomfortable. Almost like they don't have the passion that the wonderful British hosts have. But, it's the first episode so there's plenty of time and room for improvement, so we'll keep watching it to see if it gets better.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 4:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i watched the previews on the website and i had to set fire to my computer afterwards.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 10:11
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
First show, and they have to find their groove. Plus is pretty hard to imitate that brand of British humor. Plus I am sure it not going to be a 100% copy of the British version. Just like the US version of the Office is not a 100% rip off the British version.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 12:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I didn't watch but hosts and show seem to have gotten decent reviews. Not so much for the back end studio and camera. Reviewers thinks those need work. Guess it will fare OK though if the hosts pass.

So many of those type shows would be enjoyable with just a narrator explaining the goings on-- except they seem to have the worst possible hosts--those that have to repeat a question several times explaining an answer that didn't need explaining in the first place. Another one afraid of heights but always going up high complaining the entire trip and trying to explain something along the way between the oh my G's that didn't need explaining either.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 13:10
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I love BBCA's Top Gear. It's no doubt the best "car show" on TV and maybe one of the best TV shows...period.

I saw the previews for History Channel's Top Gear and thought: if this is the best stuff, the rest must be pretty awful. Therefore, I purposely did not watch the premier episode and from the reviews and feedback, I'm glad I passed.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/11/22 13:29
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
While I have not seen the US version I don't think it could match the British sense of humor. Plus the quirky cars they drive over there. Click on this link to see one of my favorites:
http://www.wimp.com/reliantrobin/

Takes a few minutes. but it is well worth it.

Posted on: 2010/11/23 11:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Hilarious.

Tom

Posted on: 2010/11/23 11:49
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks so much for posting that video link, that was a hoot!!

Posted on: 2010/11/23 11:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I was recently sent a link to a video showing the show host getting a ride in a U2 (the aircraft, not the rock band). I had gotten away from watching the show, but caught it last night on BBCA. I now have my DVR set to record the series. These guys are funny and entertaining. I especially enjoy watching them drive automobiles that are not available in the US. I will need to watch the US version on the History Channel to compare.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/11/23 12:03
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved