Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 105

‘29 633 Mel, r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What color is your pushbutton actuator painted?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I received Bob's unit from GA today and began cleaning it up. It appears to have beenpainted the metallic green color like one I did for a Clipper. I have seen ('56 senior) bronze units, "natural" units with no paint, no evidence of there ever having been paint and I've seen green ones. Has anyone ever found a Green painted actuator on a senior car with a bronze trans?

Posted on: 2007/4/4 20:30
 Top  Print 

Re: What color is your pushbutton actuator painted?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Mine is au naturale, just like God made her. I'm thinking of polishing the case of my aluminum T/U and all the accessories including the p/b actuator, then covering them in high temp clear..... Might put me a plexiglass cover over the trans tunnel, too! (JK!)

Posted on: 2007/4/4 21:10
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I would think the actuator would be painted the same color as the tranny/engine whether bronze or green or silver. Mine looks natural now but there is enough bronze on it to determine it was originally that way.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 18:36
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I have a 56 Caribbean with an unmolested driveline. The actuator is painted engine bronze, with the stamped cover plate black. As i remember the trans # is C-526.

Posted on: 2007/4/25 14:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I should have recorded my tranny number. It is Bxxxx right after the "star". Next time I'm up on the rack, I'll use the mirror I normally admire myself in.

Posted on: 2007/5/2 21:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Color variances could be something as simple as a supplier screw up, perhaps they ran out of the paint they'd normally use, maybe the painter drank the last of the correct color and grabbed whatever was handy etc.

Could also be that the "service" parts were painted differently to identify themselves as being replacements (warranty issues ets). Sometimes parts that are run off at different times end up being painted differently...especially if they were made years after the original.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 21:43
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I have been seeing more units that were just natural, the pot metal gear body is just pot metal, the motor is cad plated (or was, to be more accurate) and the stamped cover plate is/was plated. I have seen far more of this than bronze or green.

Posted on: 2009/9/6 21:52
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved