The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
24 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 24

more...

clicking on "Reply" box.
Home away from home
From USA
A POST reply: At the end of each POST there is a "Reply" box.

A THREAD reply: At the end (or near the top) of a thread PAGE there is a "reply" box to click on.

THis has been a source of confusion to me. What difference does it make if i click on a POST reply box or if i click on a THREAD reply box???? Either way i get to post. So what difference does it make which "Reply" box i click on??? Or does it???

Posted on: 2011/1/29 20:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245&forum=4&post_id=77931#forumpost77931

--------------------------------------------
56 Executive sedan (Nice driver).
56 Executive sedan (Parts/R&D car).
48 2262 complete chassis/drive train. (no body). starts and runs as good as a sewing machine
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: clicking on "Reply" box.
Home away from home
From Kansas City, MO
I think it makes a difference depending on how you view the forum. If you are set up to view it as 'threaded' it causes post replies to be indented under the respective post. If you use the flat (chronological) view like I do, I don't think you can see any difference. Maybe BigKev can elucidate when he gets back from the big Packard Pow Wow.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 20:29
1950 Custom Sedan
And... when they're runnin'... I drive 'em!

Merry Christmas!
Home away from home
From Packardia
Dave, I hope you don't think this is a quibble, but I know a (small) difference. If you would use one of the external buttons

Open in new window

then the automatism will use the first heading (thread heading) for your next comment whereas the internal button

Open in new window

transfers the last (perhaps changed heading).
To give you an example I intentional changed the heading. Now it is up to you to return to the original headline by using one of the external buttons or to retain the new headline by using the internal reply button.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 20:47

Feliz Navidad
Home away from home
From Kansas City, MO
You can change the subject using either button, but the one at the top will return it to the original automatically without having to re-type it. Good point.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 21:10
1950 Custom Sedan
And... when they're runnin'... I drive 'em!

Re: Feliz Navidad
Webmaster
From North Aurora, IL
JD is correct in his explanation of the differences in what the buttons do.

Basically if you are viewing the forum in the default, recommended "flat view" they both act the same.

I find the threaded "tree" view damn annoying, hence why the Flat (aka chronological view) is the default, and preferred.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 19:19

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan | Project Blog

"While it's nice to be important, it's important to be nice."

"Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end."

Re: clicking on "Reply" box.
Home away from home
From Coventry, RI
I see another difference- the quote feature. If I click the button at the bottom of the page and then quote, it quotes the first posting of the thread. If i hit the reply in the post itself the quote is for that post.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 4:21

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
1925 Model 236 Phaeton Speedster body by LeBaron Carrossiers
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.