Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 35 »

Re: packards in tv and movies
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

JD in KC wrote:
Hmm... I was 9 years old. My folks bought a TV in '52. I have no memory of the show. I was probably watching Howdy Doody.

That's probably the reason here too. We got our set around the same time and I probably didn't want to watch an old cop show -- unless there was cowboys and indians in it.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 10:57
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Quote:

JD in KC wrote:
Hmm... I was 9 years old. My folks bought a TV in '52. I have no memory of the show. I was probably watching Howdy Doody.

That's probably the reason here too. We got our set around the same time and I probably didn't want to watch an old cop show -- unless there was cowboys and indians in it.

I was born in '52 but knew every car on the road by the time I was 6...I can still hear "and now a word from our sponsor" and in between the rolling picture watching Tennessee Ernie Ford selling Fords or Dinah Shore singin' "See the USA in a Chevrolet" but they always wanted to do it when things were heating up on the "Rifleman" or going under water on "Sea Hunt"...hated waiting for those darn commercials back then but wish I had to now...

Posted on: 2011/11/30 11:37
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Watched "Tea for Two" last night and the character played by Bill Goodwin drove a Packard roadster. Being that this was a film from Hollywood in the 50's there are no badges or identifying names on the car, but you certainly can't miss that radiator shell or the lines on the hood.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 13:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
The Addams family have already been mentioned related to Packards in comics. According to this source the TV is haunted too.

Click to see original Image in a new window

picture source: old.boxwish.com

Posted on: 2011/12/26 15:21
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
The same source mentions Buster Keaton's comedy/western Go West from 1925 and Harold Lloyd's The Freshman from the same year.

Click to see original Image in a new window
The Freshman

[picture source: imcdb.org]

Posted on: 2011/12/26 15:40
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jim Pearsall forwarded this one to me for posting here. Lobby poster from the 1938 movie "Daredevil Drivers"

Attach file:

jpg  (35.76 KB)
1_4efa0267cbe54.jpg 702X570 px

Posted on: 2011/12/27 12:37
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
To add to the "database":

I was watching a remastered 1943 "Batman" (Saturday Morning Theater) serial the other day and in the first episode is what appears to be a 1938-39 Packard black limo in which Batman and Robin are being driven around.

I didn't see it again in the next couple of episodes and after that I got bored and didn't watch anymore.

Craig

Posted on: 2011/12/27 19:55
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

PaulC wrote:

There's a scene in the Ed Wood cult classic 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' - said by some to be the worst movie ever made - of a 1955 or 1956 Clipper cruising along a freeway.

That there was a '55 Clipper with a bunch of people pointing out of it at something in the air. Wood used all kinds of stock footage wherever he could find it. That's one thing that makes those "worst" movies so much fun. Even more fun is the more recent movie entitled "Ed Wood" that gives the backstory of his "epics."

Posted on: 2011/12/27 21:59
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Not sure if anyone mentioned it already, but there was a Ivory coloured 22nd series Packard 4 door sedan towards the beginning of Driving Miss Daisy. Not sure what model it was, it was driving down the street when Miss Daisy looked out her window when the movie was dated around 1948-1949.

Posted on: 2011/12/27 22:21
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
J.R., to support you I was on the look-out for a suitable picture. It was a Soviet propaganda film, wasn't it?

--> source

Attach file:

jpg  (22.25 KB)
757_4efa9557d9431.jpg 500X325 px

Posted on: 2011/12/27 23:04
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 35 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved