Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Urgent Help Contacting Business in The States, Please.
Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get through to www.vapinc.com (Vintage Auto Parts, Denver) by telephone, all I am getting a 'this number is disconnected/not in use' recorded voice message.

I am worried as I am urgently waiting on a part (expensive!)I have paid for and was promised was posted out 2 weeks ago.

The USPS have no record of the package.

It IS possible that trans-atlantic communications are down, could someone call this outfit and see if they are still in business!

Thanks,

Pat.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 17:32
Pat Feeney,
Galway,
Rep. of Ireland.
1934 PACKARD 1101 CLUB SEDAN
1932 DODGE BROTHERS DK8
1927 BUICK MASTER
1923 Model T Tourer
 Top  Print   

Re: Urgent Help Contacting Business in The States, Please.
Home away from home
Home away from home

1940-120
See User information
Heelo Pat

I just tried the 800 number listed on their web page and got a very interesting message. It stated that the number 303-623-5789 has been temporarily disconnected.

I will try something else later just thought you might like to know.

Fred D

Posted on: 2012/1/26 17:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Thanks Fred, I called all the phones connected with VAP.Inc, the message is either, 'temporarily disconnected/disconnected/out of service'.

Its possible it's a line fault, I really hope so!

Posted on: 2012/1/26 18:09
Pat Feeney,
Galway,
Rep. of Ireland.
1932 DODGE BROTHERS DK8
1927 BUICK MASTER
1923 Model T Tourer
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Anyone else know anything about Vintage Auto Parts,Denver?

Posted on: 2012/1/26 20:07
Pat Feeney,
Galway,
Rep. of Ireland.
1932 DODGE BROTHERS DK8
1927 BUICK MASTER
1923 Model T Tourer
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
There are different numbers listed for ebay. Maybe try these? Vintage Auto Parts Denver CO

Posted on: 2012/1/26 20:43
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Yep, tried them also, get the feeling I have been shafted!

Posted on: 2012/1/26 21:00
Pat Feeney,
Galway,
Rep. of Ireland.
1932 DODGE BROTHERS DK8
1927 BUICK MASTER
1923 Model T Tourer
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Looks like I have been taken for $500, going to contact the Denver Police Dept.

I have to say that this is the FIRST time I ever had trouble dealing with a USA based firm, I had great faith in dealing with various shops and suppliers, they have always been most honest and upfront, being based thousands of miles away form the USA (Ireland), I would be a good tagret for rip off artists.

Its not so much the money, but the bare faced untruths I was told. I do expect this post to be taken down, but its all true and hopefully will save someone else from the same fate.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 13:07
Pat Feeney,
Galway,
Rep. of Ireland.
1932 DODGE BROTHERS DK8
1927 BUICK MASTER
1923 Model T Tourer
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
Hi Pat Feeney,

After calling the local phone number and fax number and being told by the automated system that the phone number had been disconnected, I call the toll-free number for Vintage Auto Parts, and spoke with Lock. He says your order shipped two days ago. I also said he provided you with the tracking number. For an honesty test of Lock, did he infact talk with you and give you a tracking number?

If it would help for me to check-out his shop and confirm that he is still in business, just let me know.

I also let him know what you said about the prospect of reporting him to the Denver Police Department, so hopefully you've got his attention.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 15:38
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your help.

On the 9th Jan 2012, I ordered a Zenith carb directly from Lock in VAP.

On the 10th, Lock emailed me the total cost inc.shipping, which came to C.$560.00.

On the 11th, my credit card was debited with the above amount.

No Tracking number was forwarded to me at that stage, although was promised.

On the 23rd Jan, I called Lock as I had expected delivery by then. I had sent numerous emails to VAP but never received a reply. On the telephone, he said they 'problems with shipping' and the carb was sitting on his desk for almost 2 weeks. He promised to ship the next day.

On the 24th Jan, I again called him, he said he was 'just about to contact me with a Tracking number'. He did give me a number, but not a Tracking Number. (more below)

On the 25th, I used the USPS Tracking Number service to check the progress of the package. There was no movement. I called the USPS directly, they told me it was not a tracking number but a Customs Number, it was not proof of the package having been presented to the USPS for delivery and they had no record of the package in their system. (This number is one that is generated when the shipper prints a receipt for postage paid in the office/home, as such, it is outside the USPS delivery system)

At this stage, I tried to call/fax/email Lock, but to no avail. All phones lines to VAP and its sister companies were either, 'disconnected or not in service', no replies to emails, and Faxes could not get through.

Yesterday, I contacted some people in Denver would said they would look into the matter.

Today was the first time the package showed up on the tracking system;

Your Item's Status
Your item was processed through our ISC (USPS) facility on January 27, 2012 at 11:19 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Thats around 18 days since the item was supposedly shipped and considering the apparent 'close down' of VAP operations, lack of communications and half truths, who would not be worried?

If the package arrives, it is only as a result of pressure, and I certainly not deal with VAP again, assuming they are still in business.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 16:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
Pat, I hope you receive what you ordered. If not, I will be happy to pay Mr. Lock a personal visit! (with some of my boys).

Posted on: 2012/1/27 17:27
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved